Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Well, this certainly seems odd.

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.9

Well, this certainly seems odd.

Postby FEG » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:12 pm

The other night I downloaded Ultimate Edition to complete my new Vista/Win7/Linux triple-boot system. I went straight to the site and downloaded what I believed at the time was 2.0. I started the download, and went to bed. Looking at the ISO yesterday, ready to burn and install it, I notice a couple oddities- namely, the ISO is ultimate-edition-1.9-x86. Not a problem, I thought, and went to install.

Trying to install it, though, gave me an error(I didn't take note either time, stupidly, before tossing the disc out. It seems to have been something about a problem with ata2, and from there it did nothing.). Frustrated, I went back and checked my ISO. First, I look at the checksum. c08bc6663406d0c771384938f128ec31, which is correct for the x86 install. Just to be sure, I check the total bytes. 1,809,027,072- just right for Ultimate Edition 1.9... 64bit.

I'm now fairly confused as to which this is, assuming that it's a legit file. I downloaded it from one of the site's mirrors(even if I can't remember which one), so it should be fine to reburn and try, correct?

Sorry if I'm being a complete idiot here. If I am please politely point out my mistake so I don't do it again. In the meantime, I'm going to burn the ISO again and see if I get the same error.
FEG
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.6 Gamers

Re: Well, this certainly seems odd.

Postby ixnod » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:50 am

Hello FEG and welcome to the forums,

Well now the MD5 sum check out right, which means the file size would be correct.
That being said, you are using two microsoft products vista and win7. Windows gets pretty persnickity when on a multibot platform. here in may lie your problem PCshot would be better at this than I would. windows OSes Want to be installed in aparticular order newest to oldest, or oldest to newest not sure which way it goes.

SO here is an option that you may not like. You may have to re-install windows in a different order ( Save and back up your data. ) after you installed the two windows, install ultimate edition last another option, is to go to the "my computer " Icon on vista right click on it, scroll down to manage option. then select the hard drive you want to work with then "Right-click" that one and choose shrink volume. then try re-installing ultimate edition.

Another troubleshooting step, is to burn the disk (again) and take it over to another computer and boot it from there. There seems to be a problem with a few DVD rom reader/ burners that don't like reading certain disks. ( always try to burn at the slowest speed and if you have the option, verify the disk. More will help and verify/clarify ( I just wub my fellow admin&mods)

*NOTE* are you working off an RAID Array?
Laptop. Macbook pro dual boot U.E 2.6 64 2.8 Ghz core2duo
Desktop:
Core I7 820, ATI 5870 radeon HD graphics Ultimate Edition 2.7
maxtor 320 gig external usb
1.5 Tb external Hd
Hp c5100 photosmart printer (networked and wireless)
ixnod
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby pch.shot » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:54 pm

If the error is something like ata2 it is a drive(either optical or magnetic). Optical drives are quirky at the best of times. You may want to give unetbootin a shot. It will create bootable files on a usb drive from an iso image. So then you can go into your bios and boot from a usb flash drive and install from it. A 2 gig flash drive should do it.
http://lubi.sourceforge.net/unetbootin.html
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby FEG » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:06 pm

Well, judging by the other computer's reaction, the problem likely is the DVD drive. I'll try a USB install and see if that works better. Thanks for the advice; hopefully it doesn't get down to re-installing any other OSs.

I'm still not sure why I had the MD5 of the 32-bit version and the filesize of the 64-bit, though.
FEG
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.6 Gamers

Return to Ultimate Edition 1.9