Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 1.9 has been released

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.9

Re: Ultimate Edition 1.9 is on its way...

Postby Esparte » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:21 pm

hey can you add to the new realese the drivers for the mousepen 8x6 tablet, because until now i cant configure my tablet.
Esparte
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby juancholo. » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:46 pm

excellent work can not wait for it.
I hope this does not of the problem with compiz as the 1.8 power configure 4 faces of the cube and the resolution of your monitor so that turns off when charging system and to reach the login is lit.

:D <BREW>
juancholo.
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.2 64 BIT

Postby nicgom » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:13 pm

Hi everybody, it is really looking great, and i´m now like crazy waiting for it.
TheeMahn, i remember when i first installed U.U. 1.8 version i had some trouble with my video drivers, could you please add more drivers to the distro, or the repo, or Ultamatix?

have you all a good day.
nicgom
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby Cab » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:14 pm

ATI and Nvidia is built in .. Or do you have intel?
(edit) using Envy NG
Mother Board: ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO WIFI
CPU: AMD 2700X
Memory: 32GB CORSAIR PRO RGB @3200
Video Card: EVGA GTX1080 FTW
Hard Drives: 1TB Network Drive, 1TB 860 EVO SSD, 1TB 970 EVO M.2
I'm in Southern New Mexico, USA (not Mexico)
Cab
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Postby nicgom » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:46 pm

i have the Intel 855GME chip, it is not in the repo, i had a lot of problems with every kind of graphics, could not set compiz because of that. i´m using now 1.7 on my laptop, and 1.8 on my desktop.
i downloaded the driver from the intel website, but at that time i had a lot to do at the university and no time so i forgot about it, but now that a new version is coming i mencion it again.

have a good day
nicgom
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby quest23 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:13 pm

YOU ARE A MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for the best os ever...1.9 should be stoooopid good......cause 1.8 is just perfect...just when i say how good can it get...my question gets answered
quest23
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby witblits1970 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:42 am

im loving 1.8 and linux in general, all be it that im not that pc literate. what i want to know is 1.9 coming with an upgrade script? i have had a look at 1.9 and cant wait to use it. theeman you are linux!! <BREW>
mobo asus m5a99 x
ram 16 gig ddr3 @1333mhz kingston
hdd 2tb seagate
cpu 3.9 gig fx 6 core piledriver
witblits1970
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:25 pm

strider5236 wrote:
Thanks brother,

I am sorry for the delay, the admin have been playing with it (what will be Ultimate Edition 1.9) minus the usplash being there and no probs, I just do not like to release incomplete work... I have been working on Ultamatix more then Ultimate Edition 1.9 due to criticism. It does piss me off. Ultamatix in itself is not w/o problems, but steadily have been correcting them. Eventually may use synaptic as the frontend as ubuntus update manager does also written in python a one question this is the changes to be made scenario. #1 complaint --assume-yes --force-yes, do you think I should prompt the end user 101 times after all if the user did not want to install blah blah would he / she have clicked it?

Funny will they run to synaptic to complain or want to come see me? I have about 2 months to sort it out, I am not listed in google and I figure that is the timeframe I am looking at for a "off the hook" release of the software, yesterday I seen ~50,000 hits and am not listed kinda scary, linux.com's homepage will hook a fella up even if you do not exist to googles eyes.

Let me hook you up, you can have the Ultimate Edition 1.9 look (0 apps, just Ultimate Edition themes, usplashs, gdms) w/o actually having it, by downloading this (x86 based only as of current), it is not updated on the main site yet, once again a forum exclusive aren't you glad you are registered ;) The new (unreleased Ultamatix defaults to it).

I guess I am wrong on not being listed (happened less then 24 hours ago) in google now #1, that sucks, I wanted to have 1.8.0-4 on the web before they did that, typically takes 3 months for google to list you. I have owned the domain less then 1 month. This really blows my mind 85,700 references to the word "Ultamatix", not even a word & happened almost overnight. I can feel the scrutiny coming.

Enjoy,

TheeMahn[/quote]

That just goes to show ya how much people love your releases. Your the man TheeMahn. :D And thank you for the link. You are to kind. If you need another Beta tester, I am your man, I love borking my system and see if I can fix it and if not I reinstall and try again. :D This is the way I like to learn. I learn a lot faster through this process. Anyway, I would love to be a tester and help improve the final release. Keep up the awesome work TheeMahn. <BREW>[/quote]

I will post openly a link to the "un-released" Ultamatix, Ultimate Edition 1.9 I am not happy with usplash does not work other then that I would be done with it, damn Ultamatix has had me tied up for days:

Ultamatix 1.8.0-4 is released for testing. (unlinked anywhere else)

Changlog:
1.8.0-4

• 100% Lintian / Debian base error free.
  • Added debug routine to help find any errors (--debug).
  • Exclusive lock class subroutine written (makes the possibility of package breakage nearly impossible) - not yet fully implemented.
  • Total restructor of file layout to comply with Debian standards.
  • Added option to add repos or not (can still be removed through menu if user changes their mind later) - not fully implemented.
  • Added key gathering routine if the user decides to use repositories.
  • Created custom icons for all categories.
  • Removed dependency of tango icons.
  • Removed all traces of zenity and removed zenity as a dependency.
  • Chown added to return ownership of downloaded files to the end user.
  • Removed dependency of bash & GZip was totally unnecessary.
  • Added Financial category
  • Added Desktop Publishing category
  • Added Jedit Editor
  • Added Gphpeditor
  • Added Abiword
  • Added Wifi-support & Wifi Tools
  • Added T.V. Capture card software & tools
  • Added Blender, Yafray and Inkscape vector based editors
  • Added Qemulator, Qemu Virtualization tools
  • Added Yakuake Terminal
  • Added DeVeDe Dvd movie creator
  • Added Lemonrip dvd ripper
  • Added Isomaster
  • Added Brasero
  • Added Kmymoney2
  • Added Gnucash
  • Added Ktorrent

Feel free to report any errors, I get 0, but that does not mean others will not, let me know your experiences good / bad. This is still not 100% in Debian.

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby picpak » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:11 pm

TheeMahn wrote:#1 complaint --assume-yes --force-yes, do you think I should prompt the end user 101 times after all if the user did not want to install blah blah would he / she have clicked it?

I've stated my opinion on this here. In short, --assume-yes=good, --force-yes=bad.
picpak
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.4 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:38 pm

picpak wrote:
TheeMahn wrote:#1 complaint --assume-yes --force-yes, do you think I should prompt the end user 101 times after all if the user did not want to install blah blah would he / she have clicked it?

I've stated my opinion on this here. In short, --assume-yes=good, --force-yes=bad.

I will suggest that you steer clear of this tool, no-one is forcing you to run it... I will let you know what I have been "playing" with is using synaptic as a frontend, as does the update manager, you use every day... (also written in python), once that happens it will tell you as a whole all changes that will be made to your system and require you to hit apply only once not 119 times. Which is exactly what would happen if I removed the --assume-yes --force-yes .... I have taken a "plain jane" Ubuntu installed Ultamatix and installed 119 apps / games w/o so much as a hiccup. Once I had accomplished that I then went back and removed every single one of them. Believe me it was not released without rigorous testing, sure you are a special case, the package that is broken is not on my repo, but one that is on your list. Sure it may indeed have had a newer version and that is what broke your system.

Wow breathe this one in, if I did do so exactly as update manager does, would Canonical abandon their update manager? Synaptic?

Did you know with your sources list changed and broken packages there if you did run it even synaptic as your sources list are changed, synaptic would then be what broke your system. Would you then run to synaptic for breaking your system or the maintainer of the repo (this is truly the problem)? Oh the huge difference here it would have asked you before breaking it off, correct? You could have seen that package in the list along with the other 1000 changes to be committed and knew it was broken on one of the sources you added to your list.

Think about it, It is within your best interest to understand that I know what I am talking about. I program in multiple languages and do have a huge concept of what I am referring to. Not to mention created and maintain a repo of my own. I am trying not to bring up created my own distro. Sorry if that may seem cocky.

I will also take the time to "bow" down, I have installed it on Debian Lenny, hmm when did it become my job to support other distros? I have it working about 80% there, not 100% and that is my personal slam to myself. I will go out of my way to help a lady / gent. Criticism believe you me, I need no more of.

I want you to really understand, although not "perfect" yet, the differences, I have never posted this other then to admin:
Lintian is a tool written for debian to find errors and a deb can not be included in their repos until 0 errors exist. Warning are ok and can be overlooked.

Automatix:
theemahn@SledgeHammer:/media/Main$ lintian -c automatix2_2.0.1-7.10gutsy_amd64.deb
W: automatix2: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/automatix.py
W: automatix2: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/automatix2
W: automatix2: non-standard-dir-perm 0700 != 0755
W: automatix2: script-with-language-extension usr/bin/automatix.py
E: automatix2: FSSTND-dir-in-usr usr/etc/
W: automatix2: file-in-unusual-dir usr/etc/automatix2/ax_data/changelog
W: automatix2: file-in-unusual-dir usr/etc/automatix2/ax_data/gutsy.autoscript
W: automatix2: file-in-unusual-dir usr/etc/automatix2/ax_data/gutsy_uninstall.autoscript
W: automatix2: file-in-unusual-dir usr/etc/automatix2/ax_data/key_data.xml
W: automatix2: file-in-unusual-dir usr/etc/automatix2/ax_data/script_data/gutsy.xml
W: automatix2: file-in-unusual-dir usr/etc/automatix2/ax_data/version.xml
W: automatix2: file-in-unusual-dir usr/etc/automatix2/catagory_data.xml
W: automatix2: file-in-unusual-dir usr/etc/automatix2/conf_data.xml
W: automatix2: file-in-unusual-dir usr/etc/automatix2/init_master
E: automatix2: python-script-but-no-python-dep ./usr/bin/automatix.py
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/automatix2/pixmaps/gapps.png
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/automatix2/pixmaps/dialog-warning.png
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/automatix2/conf/apt.conf
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/lib/automatix2/resin_config.pyc
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/lib/automatix2/startup.py
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/lib/automatix2/distro_helpers.py
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/lib/automatix2/main_interface.py
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/automatix2/conf/swiftdove.desktop
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/automatix2/conf/skype.conf
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/etc/automatix2/conf_data.xml
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/lib/automatix2/class_script.pyc
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/automatix2/pixmaps/splash2.jpg
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/automatix2/conf/swiftweasel.desktop
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/lib/automatix2/terminal.py
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/automatix2/pixmaps/about_splash2.jpg
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/lib/automatix2/xml_functions.pyc
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/lib/automatix2/terminal.pyc
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/lib/automatix2/resin_controllers.py
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/lib/automatix2/main_interface.pyc
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/etc/automatix2/ax_data/version.xml
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/lib/automatix2/startup.pyc
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/etc/automatix2/ax_data/key_data.xml
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/etc/automatix2/ax_data/changelog
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/automatix2/conf/acrobatreaderversion
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/lib/automatix2/distro_helpers.pyc
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/lib/automatix2/resin_ui.py
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/automatix2/conf/songbird.desktop
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/automatix2/conf/skype.desktop
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/automatix2/pixmaps/kapps.png
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/automatix2/pixmaps/automatix_icon.png
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/etc/automatix2/init_master
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/lib/automatix2/tray.pyc
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/automatix2/conf/swiftweaselversion
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/automatix2/pixmaps/dialog-error.png
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/etc/automatix2/ax_data/gutsy_uninstall.autoscript
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/lib/automatix2/tray.py
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/automatix2/pixmaps/gapps_active.png
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/automatix2/resin_glade.glade
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/lib/automatix2/extra_functions.py
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/lib/automatix2/resin_ui.pyc
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/automatix2/pixmaps/window.png
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/automatix2/conf/songbirdversion
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/etc/automatix2/ax_data/gutsy.autoscript
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/automatix2/pixmaps/dialog-information.png
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/automatix2/pixmaps/background1.jpg
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/lib/automatix2/resin_controllers.pyc
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/applications/automatix2.desktop
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/etc/automatix2/catagory_data.xml
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/automatix2/pixmaps/kapps_active.png
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/automatix2/conf/sources.list
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/lib/automatix2/resin_config.py
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/automatix2/conf/swiftdoveversion
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/etc/automatix2/ax_data/script_data/gutsy.xml
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/automatix2/conf/dvdshrink.desktop
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/automatix2/pixmaps/view_icon.png
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/lib/automatix2/xml_functions.py
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/lib/automatix2/extra_functions.pyc
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/automatix2/conf/AdobeReader.desktop
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/automatix2/conf/skypeversion
W: automatix2: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/lib/automatix2/class_script.py
E: automatix2: no-copyright-file
E: automatix2: executable-desktop-file /usr/share/applications/automatix2.desktop 0755
W: automatix2: description-synopsis-might-not-be-phrased-properly
E: automatix2: description-too-long
E: automatix2: extended-description-is-empty
W: automatix2: spelling-error-in-description linux Linux
E: automatix2: bad-version-number 2.0.1-7.10gutsy_amd64
E: automatix2: maintainer-address-missing automatix team
W: automatix2: unknown-section base
E: automatix2: depends-on-essential-package-without-using-version depends: bash
E: automatix2: depends-on-essential-package-without-using-version depends: gzip
theemahn@SledgeHammer:/media/Main$

Ultamatix:
theemahn@SledgeHammer:/media/Main$ lintian -c ultamatix-1.8.0-4_all.deb
W: ultamatix: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/ultamatix
W: ultamatix: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/ultamatix.py
W: ultamatix: script-with-language-extension usr/bin/ultamatix.py
W: ultamatix: copyright-without-copyright-notice
W: ultamatix: extended-description-line-too-long
W: ultamatix: unknown-section utils
W: ultamatix: changelog-file-not-compressed changelog
W: ultamatix: syntax-error-in-debian-changelog line 79 "found eof where expected first heading"
theemahn@SledgeHammer:/media/Main$

Note 0 errors, w is a warning, not that it is not found, just would like it written in their format. What I started with sux to be me huh?

Best regards,

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 1.9