Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

PuppyLinux and Ultimate project!

The Ultimate Guide for the rest of us

PuppyLinux and Ultimate project!

Postby socold » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:09 pm

puppy linux is such a great flash drive. The ULTIMATE-PUPPY would be over the top..anyone think they could master this project.. i know it will be a HIT!
Running Ubuntu Linux, the Ubuntu 10.04 (lucid) release.
GNOME: 2.30.2 (Ubuntu 2010-06-25)
Kernel version: 2.6.32-46-generic (#108-Ubuntu SMP Thu Apr 11
socold
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.6 32 BIT

Re: [b]PuppyLinux and Ultimate project![/b]

Postby pam » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:35 pm

Hi socold

Well it all depends on Theemahn.
For now he is more interested in building fuller systems.

Something like puppy linux would mean stripping away all the software that is in Ultimate Edition. Wouldn't quite leave anything!
Would require lots of ram.
Running from ram and then committing changes to disk or syncing on large files can be extremely dangerous...people could actually
feel thwarted.

You could use preload on Ultimate and play around with its settings.
Try 'toram' option during boot at the grub screen.....add this option on the line you want to boot into.
DONOTSPAMORTROLL:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11
Download Ultimate Edition and Oz Unity 3.0 from copy:-
https://www.copy.com/s/oBnDBsDOvxF8jW1EuLKM/Public
Download Ultimate Edition from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimat ... rce=navbar
Download Oz Unity 3.0 from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/
Download Ultimate Edition torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Download Oz Unity 3.0 torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Image Image
Visit:http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com
pam
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: PuppyLinux and Ultimate project!

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:42 pm

This one I made might be a good one for the flash! 1st version of it booted faster than slax by a long shot! Have the second version with some fixes going on Unetbootin as I write this. Is not as loaded as Ultimate, but does move fast and doesn't crash! Just not perfect or as great as Ultimate, but not bad! File size is close to 2gigs and has most of the necessities when it comes to programming. Will be starting school tomorrow so if someone has a site to upload this thing to let me know! Remember is not as pretty as Ultimate, but does have enough tools to make it look good! Set for wireless and believe all other connections! No real red-tape to slow it down, is why it can be up in no time flat! If you would like to try building your own, tools for that are also included!(Ubuntu Builder, Gedit) No games installed as is built mostly for students that want to learn. Built off the Quantal mini 12.10. Gnome 3.6 desktop, Cinnamon, Full LibreOffice Suite, Geany, QT4, Kompare, Gambass3, etc. Too much to list, but does run good! Just starts out ugly, you have to make the choice how you want it to look! Also contains ubuntu-zfs. No chance to try it yet as muffed it first shot! Anyway if interested keep tabs here, will let the 2nd one roll out if I think it is good. So far on Gnome boxes tests well! Now for Unetbootin. Will be back to let you know as is loaded and ready to try! Hope am not oversteppin here, just thought maybe this one would go great for those that want it on the flash and moving fast! Just trying to help. Is decent on the desktop, but should have more testing to be positive is a winner for it! Am no pro, just hoping is good for someone else also!!!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby Xanayoshi » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:43 pm

There is no need for an Ultimate Puppy. The pinnacle of puppiness can not be surpassed. There can be only one Biebian.
Attachments
Biebian.png

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:24 pm

Happy to say it is still as fast! Beats the daylights in boot time on many flash OS's have seen! Is highly functional just needs little touches you can give. Themes are all there as have said and plenty of programs, just not as many as Ultimate! Lacks games as is left for user to decide what they want! Easy to set up for flash and this is the way I did it. sudo -s then sudo adduser<yourname> will then want your new password. After it goes through the motions of your name and all the settings. Then just sudo adduser<yourname> sudo and will add you to root. Simple for those of us that want to get it up and going fast! When you want to shut down simply logout to liveuser then login and then use the menu shutdown. Much faster than opening the terminal and typing sudo poweroff then password. Everything reacts fast in here, unlike some OS's that were specifically designed for Flashdrives. Why? Not a thousand processes running! Only the bare necessities are there to get you up and at it quickly! Remember as set is more designed for the flash. On the desktop you need to enable some more processes to have more functionality!!!! PCSHOT! If you will let me know where to send will do, is a reasonable deal for a usb setup. Am running its former version on my desktop(which is still stable!). Is lacking a few things which are now in this one, which I deem to be reasonable enough for a flashdrive! Just looking to help is all! Been wanting something like this for a long while and was fortunate some things went as it did, since the end result is this!!! Months earlier than planned!!! Is owed all to TheeMahn and this forum, without their help would have been a long time for it to be a reality!!!! FInally! Something half way decent I can give back to the great place on this earth!!!! File size is 1.9gb
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby Xanayoshi » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:10 am

mate.png

mate2.png

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Return to Newbie's Corner