Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Balaji Just Cant Take eyes away from Ultimate Edition 2.7

The Ultimate Guide for the rest of us

Balaji Just Cant Take eyes away from Ultimate Edition 2.7

Postby balaji » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:46 am

Hello Members,
Im Balaji from india just installed ultimate edition 2.7 for the first time this morning. I've been trying to download this edition for 2 days the first attempt failed due to a error in download, then i again tried and successfully downloaded this time in 12 hours.

Coming to what i wanted to convey, i think ulimate edition will be my long lasting friend, i found this great os after a numerous funny google search. I liked ubuntu but i wanted to always think what if i lost internet connection !
So then i found this wonderful OS i just like this and want to continue for life time i hope you fellas keep this more exciting for the days to come.

I just want to thank you all kind people in putting their time to create, test, develop, maintain, upload this wonderfull linux distro.
Thanks,
Balaji
-------------
My Desktop Config:
Intel Core i5 Lynfiled | 2GB DDR 3 Ram | 500 GB Seagate HDD | 80 GB Seagate HDD | Samsung SyncMaster B2030 - 20 Inch | Zebronics Rage Cabinet | Nvidia 8400 GS
Using - Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 bit & Windows 7
Laptop Config:
Make : Gateway P6301 |Dual Core | 2.5GB DDR | 160 GB HDD | 17 inch UltraBright Display | Using - Linux Mint 9 & Windows XP
balaji
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Re: Balaji Just Cant Take eyes away from Ultimate Edition 2.

Postby Admin-Amir » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:09 am

Hello balaji & welcome to the U.E Forum.

Thank you very much for your kind words on the U.E Distro.
You can see that we have in our Team PPL from your Country - JAI
Look under the Blog/sites of U.E , and you will find JAI's Blog.
Have fun with the Ultimate Edition Systems & Good Luck to you.
You have ballot's of Guides here+How Tos Please use them .
Welcome to the U.E Forum.
Admin-Amir

Postby balaji » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:14 am

Thanks a lot for refering me a native friend.
I'll keep up to date with you guys and love to give you feedbacks and suggestions for the every new version.
Best wishes :)
-------------
My Desktop Config:
Intel Core i5 Lynfiled | 2GB DDR 3 Ram | 500 GB Seagate HDD | 80 GB Seagate HDD | Samsung SyncMaster B2030 - 20 Inch | Zebronics Rage Cabinet | Nvidia 8400 GS
Using - Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 bit & Windows 7
Laptop Config:
Make : Gateway P6301 |Dual Core | 2.5GB DDR | 160 GB HDD | 17 inch UltraBright Display | Using - Linux Mint 9 & Windows XP
balaji
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby 2hot6ft2 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:15 pm

The best 2 days downloading anything yet it sounds like. Glad to hear that you're happy with your new operating system. Hard to believe as it is, Thee just seems to keep making it better and better with each new release.
Welcome to the forum and welcome to Ultimate Edition.
<BREW>
HP G60-125NR - AMD Turion X2 64 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
HP G60-121WM - AMD Sempron SI-40 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD - Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
Custom build, Rosewill Challenger ATX Gaming Case, AMD Phenom II x4 955 C3 rev., MSI 870A-G54, 2x ATI HD4850 512MB /256bit GDDR3 & dual precision, GSkill 8GB 1600 RAM - Multi boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro, Beta Testing
2hot6ft2

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby Mazal » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:35 am

I am back after a long forced absence and also just installed 2.7 on Friday. Really enjoying it and I must also second what the poster have said. The Ultimate Edition team is doing a great job ! Well done to all of you and thank you for bringing such a great OS to us :D

Upon my return to Linux there was only one obvious choice , Ultimate Edition !! ;)
-----------------------------
Core 2 Duo @ 3ghz E6850
4 Gig Ram
Mazal
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

What a good looking os....:)

Postby EN1ac3R » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:46 pm

Hi everyone

A few years ago i discovered Ubuntu 2.0 64bit,i tried it for a while but didnt follow with it,i wish i had now.

I installed Ultimate Edition 2.7 yesterday on VMware 7.0 and its a gorgeous os,i can,t leave it alone...

To start with though i did have a big problem installing,i had to use the virtual keyboard to log in and it booted fine to the desktop but everything just kept freezing when i typed on the keyboard,maybe i thought not a good partner for VMware :(

I deleted folder and installed again,same problem...i nearly did give up,but as uninstalling in VMware is easy (delete folder) i kept a cool head.

I was installing it off a virtual drive,so instead i ran it off the optical drive,hey presto...no problems <BREW>

Maybe it was my windows 7 getting a bit jealous.... :twisted: (they,ll be divorced soon)

for now i am keep my 2.7 as it is and when 2.8 is released thats when i will i will do a full hd install .
(will that be the ps3 version ? amir )

Whilst its in vmware i cannot get all the gnome candy working,but i will look forward to that.

my system spec :
===============================-=
Windows 7 64bit ultimate
Amd athlon-x2-dc-64bit-6000+
gigabyte s-series-s4 board
6g ddr2
2x8600gts-oc
3 x 250gb 7200-storage
2 x 160(320)-raid-15000rpm-main
(1 usb henry keyboard hoover)-- :ugeek:
=================================

Just a quick thanks to all the Ultimate Edition team for making a splendid linux distro,i can honestly say it is a beautifull os and my biggest thanks goes out to all those who have made this...thankyou <BREW> <BREW>

I did leave a message earlier,but theres no reference in my account to which thread it was in :( ,so you could come across this somewhere else.

I only joined a couple of days ago so its all new to me here,but the forum looks great with a nice community world wide.

Amir,
While im here (sorry if this is the wrong thread) whilst my 2.7 is in vmware 7.0 is there any upgrade knowledge i should know that i need to do ? the vga drivers do seem fine,audio too.

Thanks again Ultimate Edition team for all your hardwork,

<BREW> <BREW> <BREW> <BREW>
EN1ac3R
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby Admin-Amir » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:34 pm

Hello EN1ac3R & welcome to the U.E Forum.

First I will say Thank you in the name of all the U.E Team for your nice words. <BREW> ;)
Now my Advice to you is not to use the vmware 7.0,
use the VBox it is much faster and more Friendly to use with ubuntu base Distro.
Anout Upgrade knowledge please look into the 2.7 Forum you have all that you will need there. <BREW> ;)
If you have any questions please post them om the 2.7 Forum.

Good Luck & welcome to the U.E World. ;)
Admin-Amir

Return to Newbie's Corner