Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Photo management help!

The Ultimate Guide for the rest of us

Re: Photo management help!

Postby Admin-Amir » Thu May 13, 2010 4:16 pm

WOW - just one sec here please.
way do I see "exe" in your f-spot ? "exe" you use under MS!
way not f-spot from the build in the system=>Applications=>Graphics=>f-spot :?:
Admin-Amir

Postby shadowcrunch » Thu May 13, 2010 4:49 pm

That is crazy! I just tried it again in terminal, with the same error, and it still says EXE! Keep in mind I said I had to reinstall it to get that pulldown menu to work, so that f-spot is a fresh install from the ubuntu software center.
shadowcrunch
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby Admin-Amir » Thu May 13, 2010 5:00 pm

shadowcrunch - My Friend hold for one sec please and try to stay focus.
The f-spot is install by Default on your system!!!
you do not have to install it one more time.
That is what make the issues here.
There are some software that we have install on the system in Advanced.
If the Ubuntu package is not fix - we Rewrite the fix for the package to work good for the user.
when you install from other source the package = you have problems - OK - now you gut me?
you can't run EXE file on Linux!!!
To install packages you have synaptic for it.
You do not install the package from the terminal / you install the package from synaptic - OK.
Admin-Amir

Postby shadowcrunch » Thu May 13, 2010 8:13 pm

I must have explained wrong. I was using the f-spot that came pre-installed. When f-spot didn't work, I assumed it needed updating, so in synaptic I removed it...restarted the computer, and reinstalled f-spot from synaptic. I was only using terminal to find out what the error message was. So if it's running an EXE for f-spot, that EXE is coming from the synaptic install. Trust me, I'm not experienced enough to install something from terminal without instructions walking me through it. :)
shadowcrunch
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby dathem » Fri May 14, 2010 12:37 am

Hello, I use Picassa and a program called Camera, downloaded from Synaptic. This usually mounts my digital camera like a USB disk. Then I can click on that icon and copy the pics to my picture folder and then remove the pics files from the digital camera with ease. I never liked F-spot myself and when that message shows up asking if I want to use F-spot I just ignore it.
1)HPE-500F a 6 core @ 2.70 Ghz, with 8 gigs of Ram and a 1.5 T HD
the graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 6450 with 512 MB DDR3 Ultimate Edition 3.2, Windows 7
2) HP Pav Elite m9040n Core2 quad 4gig ram Nvidia Geforce 8400, 640 g hd Win.7, UBUNTU 10.10
3) Gateway FX4710-UB0031 Core 2 quad 6 g ram Nvidia 8600gt-1gigddr3, 640g hd & Windows 7, & PCT Destined
Registered Linux User 533601
dathem
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby shadowcrunch » Fri May 14, 2010 12:52 am

Now that you mention it, when I plug in it mounts as a usb external drive. That's how I got pictures off yesterday, by just copying to my pictures folder. Maybe I'll just do that! It's not like it's a big pain...windows just made me lazy. :D One of those things...a few months ago on ubuntu I would plug in and it would load the F-spot importer, so now when things weren't working "right out of the box" I started freaking out. Get it figured out one of these days! Oh yeah, thanks for the idea!
shadowcrunch
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby dathem » Fri May 14, 2010 1:03 pm

shadowcrunch wrote:Now that you mention it, when I plug in it mounts as a usb external drive. That's how I got pictures off yesterday, by just copying to my pictures folder. Maybe I'll just do that! It's not like it's a big pain...windows just made me lazy. :D One of those things...a few months ago on ubuntu I would plug in and it would load the F-spot importer, so now when things weren't working "right out of the box" I started freaking out. Get it figured out one of these days! Oh yeah, thanks for the idea!

Hello shadowcrunch, Glad I could help with a simple solution-there is always more than one way to do something, and no reason to stress out trying a method that just won't work right. Also some of those programs dump the pics in multi-folders, making it difficult to find the pics. I like Picassa as you can set it to find all pics added since its last use. It makes it easy to send pics via e-mail, printing is great it gives you multi ways of printing. I love that program-it does have an import function as well. At any rate glad that you can get your pics from your camera. <BREW>
1)HPE-500F a 6 core @ 2.70 Ghz, with 8 gigs of Ram and a 1.5 T HD
the graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 6450 with 512 MB DDR3 Ultimate Edition 3.2, Windows 7
2) HP Pav Elite m9040n Core2 quad 4gig ram Nvidia Geforce 8400, 640 g hd Win.7, UBUNTU 10.10
3) Gateway FX4710-UB0031 Core 2 quad 6 g ram Nvidia 8600gt-1gigddr3, 640g hd & Windows 7, & PCT Destined
Registered Linux User 533601
dathem
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Previous

Return to Newbie's Corner