Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition upgrade does not work on dial up

The Ultimate Guide for the rest of us

Ultimate Edition upgrade does not work on dial up

Postby widget » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:29 pm

I have just installed and tried the Ultimate Edition Upgrade button. I get a message to rerun the script and check for internet connection. Rerunning just results in the same message.

I am on dial up and am 54 miles from the modem at the server. This gives a speed of 4.4Kb on a good day. Today is not a good day. Speed is about 3.2 Kb.

Just thought that I should through this out there for those of us on dial up. Developers don't think of us very often.
Dell 480 XPS 3G ram Quad Core 2.40GHz 2x320G HDD, 320G External, Debian Testing and some Ubuntu installs to play with
widget
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Christmas Edition

Re: Ultimate Edition upgrade does not work on dial up

Postby pch.shot » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:51 pm

Unfortunately, technology advances and it costs to keep up. You don't have to update anything if all is well. Updates are from the Windows world. It is a necessity with Windows because they keep putting a band aid on their faulty operating systems. Once you install Linux, updates are not at all necessary. If you want to install software get a friend who has high speed to make you a disc with the .deb files. It does however help to update your kernel once in a while for better hardware support(say if you bought something new and it didn't work). Other than that it won't make that much difference unless you want to try the latest and greatest.
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Re: Ultimate Edition upgrade does not work on dial up

Postby Pierre » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:11 am

The upgrade button doesn't work anyway, it's mostly for Dayna/Elyssa as a rule.
So, go back to where you got the install dvd from. & if a friend, use APTonCD on their machine
to get any updates burnt to cd cd to take back home.
Your dialup should be fine for general sufing / email etc. Tha's what I used to use until recently.
Anyway, can you get 3g mobile coverage where you are??. If so, try using that.

P.
:idea:
Pierre
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.0

Return to Newbie's Corner