Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition has a sound scheme?

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.7

Ultimate Edition has a sound scheme?

Postby Moonfrost » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:09 pm

Well I heard Ultimate Edition has always had a sound scheme?...that's weird, I never got any sounds on 1.6 and don't get any on 1.7 now...I always only got the starting up sound and log in, log out sounds but nothing else...is something wrong? is it supposed to have any more sounds than that?
Moonfrost
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.4 64 BIT

Re: Ultimate Edition has a sound scheme?

Postby LeadFingers » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:43 pm

Moonfrost wrote:Well I heard Ultimate Edition has always had a sound scheme?...that's weird, I never got any sounds on 1.6 and don't get any on 1.7 now...I always only got the starting up sound and log in, log out sounds but nothing else...is something wrong? is it supposed to have any more sounds than that?

The sound scheme is fully customizable, with only a few sounds set to play for "events" by default.
(Most people don't want a bunch of sounds overriding their music while they play with their system.)
to set sounds to play for more events,
open System/Preferences/Sounds
go to the event you want it to play in
hit the little arrow
select your sound

You can even create your own custom sounds,
Create the sound you want... (.wav is best for this)
put it in /usr/share/sounds
open System/Preferences/Sounds
go to the event you want it to play in
hit the little arrow
select the custom sound you just made
pat yourself on the back
1st Box: Ultimate Edition 2.0 x64/ 1.8 x64
2nd Box: XP (dusty)
3rd Box: Stable Media box Ultimate Edition 1.8 x64 with XBMC

The Oxen are slow but the Earth is patient ~Chuen~
LeadFingers
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Re: Ultimate Edition has a sound scheme?

Postby madbwoy » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:05 pm

great!
ever since i installed 1.7 a sound at the login bothers me because my speakers are too old. now i can disable...

for the record... i was looking at "/" to delete the sound file xD...
at google.. it 's hard to find answers when you type 1.7 & music or login sound :roll:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
madbwoy
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Return to Ultimate Edition 1.7