Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Once you have Ultimate Edition 1.7 feel free to post...

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.7

Re: Once you have Ultimate Edition 1.7 feel free to post...

Postby TheeMahn » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:05 pm

compworld2005 wrote:Same here!! Started with the 1.6 distro and must say i am hooked as well as a few of my good friends. Thanks a million goes out to TheeMahn and hope the good work keeps up. Great Job!!!!
William

I appreciate the thanks, but alot more then just me are responsible for you enjoying it. I would be in a world of hurt without the help of mirrors that help absorb the tremendous load networking wise, I just received a bill today for in bandwidth surcharges.

Code: Select all
Web Hosting - Add'l 1000 MB Data Transfer - bursted 4765 $9482.35

Nothing like a ballpark 10 grand bill to get the juices flowing. It has been canceled, reopened and will be re-filled (ccal I am sure as well as the other mirrors are "feeling the feeling"). Bandwidth exceed by almost 5 Terabytes. 10 TB is the most I have seen in 1 month. Beyond the Bandwidth factor, I personally am thankful for the absolutely fabulous mods / admin we have here in our forum. I have literally 1000's of post I have not viewed. If I spent the time to view them all I would have no time to program / write howto's, build the next latest & greatest. I apologize if "TheeMahn" is not the one to answer your post, If something a mod / admin can't answer I typically recieve a PM from one and promptly try to answer it. I am sorry it is the best I can do.

Thanks for the thanks,

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby TheeMahn » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:09 pm

kiwinsn wrote:Downloaded and installed....no problems apart from what I had with 1.6 so all good.

Thanks so much for your time and effort in making this great package.

Two questions:
Where is the Desktop Effects to configure Compiz-Fusion?
Do I need to run the upgrade on the desktop?

Cheers

Run upgrade, select custom and check Compiz-Fusion it will add it.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby TheeMahn » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:18 pm

cowboy wrote:Tried making a Usplash getting this window popping up...? Tried update and upgrade still getting window..

Damn, just updated that yesterday and was dealing with the same thing, a bug in the Upgrade subroutine, hopefully fixed. please review this in my programming section. You will manually have to update to the newest version, which by the way has the following added / fixed:
#ChangeLog:

# 1.03
# attempted to fix the update subroutine (downloads and checks properly until a new version is detected does not replace with the new version) - fixed

# 1.02 Started Changelog
# added pallete generated progress bars (throbbers) - thanks redteam_316
# added resolution selection
# makefile generation based on resolutions the user selects.

# 1.00 Initial release

# THE FUTURE
# ==========
# Progress bar positioning (only good with single resoultion selection)

Sorry, hopefully won't have to go through that again, no guarantees until I go to update it again and find out weather it is "officially" fixed.

TheeMahn

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby cowboy » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:01 pm

TheeMahn wrote:
cowboy wrote:Tried making a Usplash getting this window popping up...? Tried update and upgrade still getting window..

Damn, just updated that yesterday and was dealing with the same thing, a bug in the Upgrade subroutine, hopefully fixed. please review this in my programming section. You will manually have to update to the newest version, which by the way has the following added / fixed:
#ChangeLog:

# 1.03
# attempted to fix the update subroutine (downloads and checks properly until a new version is detected does not replace with the new version) - fixed

# 1.02 Started Changelog
# added pallete generated progress bars (throbbers) - thanks redteam_316
# added resolution selection
# makefile generation based on resolutions the user selects.

# 1.00 Initial release

# THE FUTURE
# ==========
# Progress bar positioning (only good with single resoultion selection)

Sorry, hopefully won't have to go through that again, no guarantees until I go to update it again and find out weather it is "officially" fixed.

TheeMahn

Thanks brother, that worked..bragged about it in another thread yesterday..went to try it ..yikes! :D
"Back up your Data"
"May I never lose the view of a nubie"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Evga Superclock CPU Cooler
Mushkin SSD coming soon
http://acowboydave.blogspot.com/
cowboy
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby ehabreda » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:46 am

Hey!

Excellent work as 1.6 and never kept a distro. more then 2 weeks, but now since 1.6 it's my only distro. that I'm using because everything works since the very beginning - out of the box -.
I downloaded the torrent perfectly but when installing it i had a weired message talking about kubuntu-docs??!!But i ignore it and the installation went fine.
But every time i try to install anything it gives the same message with no affection?? weired Huhhhh!!
Pls. verify the attachment
Thanks
Attachments
snapshot1.png
ehabreda
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby drama » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:56 am

open terminal do the following

sudo apt-get remove kubuntu-docs

after that is done do the following

sudo apt-get install kubuntu-docs

the package is broken somehow in the install. all of us suffer that problem. after you do the above 2 commands that should solve it though.

welcome aboard as well. cheers :-)

-drama
ULTIMATE EDITION 2.5 X64/ARCHLINUX X64 DUAL BOOT
Antec 900two case
3 antec 120mm tri cool blue led fans (1 rear exaust 2 front intake)
1 antec 220mm "bigboy" tri cool blue led fan (top exaust)
Amd Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Am3 Cpu OC'D @ 4.2 Rev C3
MSI NF980-G65 Am3 Socket DDR3 Tri-sli ATX Mainboard
Nvidia 980A Sli Chipset
Corsair 2GB Dual Channel ram (1GBx2) DDR3 @ 1600 MHZ
EVGA Nvidia GTS-250 1GB PCI Express Graphics Card
Lite-On Dual Layer Sata Dvd Burner
3x 1TB Seagate Sata Hdd's 32Mb cache
ASUS VH235 23 Inch Lcd Wide Screen Monitor
OCZ ModXStream Pro 700Watt Psu
Rosewill 3.5" Internal USB 2.0 Card Reader w/ Floppy Drive
drama
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Postby ehabreda » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:10 am

Hey! Again,

Very well done! Problem solved.

ehabreda
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby nicgom » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:29 pm

Hi, really good job, very fast os, i just installed it yesterday, the Gnome/KDE version, i had problems while intalling kubuntu.docs, i also got this message: E:sub-process/usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

then when already installed while trying to install w32dvd codecs got the following message>

an apt-based error ocurred and installation was unsuccesfull

fatal error: ubuntu restricted extra and multimedia codec mplazer plugin for firefox

i got to say, the szstem is running, and i love it, i am a new with linux and am trying to get it working for me, i tried fisrt the 1.6,

now, other little thing, i have a ten inches laptop from averatec, so when i am at home i conect it to a vga monitor, and the following happens when i plaz video, in the monitor i see the film, but not in the laptops display which goes black, does anybody have any idea why that happens?

i dualboot with xp and with it i do not get that problem?

how much ram needs the compizfusion?, i noticed the system gets slower while it activated.

well, thanks a lot for the distro, i could offer to upload it in the rapidshare servers, if it is ok, just let me know,
nicgom
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby drama » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:52 pm

nicgom wrote:Hi, really good job, very fast os, i just installed it yesterday, the Gnome/KDE version, i had problems while intalling kubuntu.docs, i also got this message: E:sub-process/usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

then when already installed while trying to install w32dvd codecs got the following message>

an apt-based error ocurred and installation was unsuccesfull

fatal error: ubuntu restricted extra and multimedia codec mplazer plugin for firefox

i got to say, the szstem is running, and i love it, i am a new with linux and am trying to get it working for me, i tried fisrt the 1.6,

now, other little thing, i have a ten inches laptop from averatec, so when i am at home i conect it to a vga monitor, and the following happens when i plaz video, in the monitor i see the film, but not in the laptops display which goes black, does anybody have any idea why that happens?

i dualboot with xp and with it i do not get that problem?

how much ram needs the compizfusion?, i noticed the system gets slower while it activated.

well, thanks a lot for the distro, i could offer to upload it in the rapidshare servers, if it is ok, just let me know,

welcome. most of your problems im unsure of. a few ideas tho.

kubuntu-docs:

this is a problem EVERYONE of us has. if you havent done so already do the following in terminal

sudo apt-get remove kubuntu-docs

sudo apt-get install kubuntu-docs

w32 codecs:

im not sure about this one. ill investigate this issue tho and see if i can duplicate this prob or find a solution

video issue:

not sure about this one either. im sure someone that has experience with dual displays will come along shortly and help you on this one. i have zero knowledge of dual displays.

compizfusion:

the truth is. there really isnt a correct answer for this. it depends on the number of effects plugins you have running at the same time. i have had it running on as low as 256mb system ram and 32mb video ram. not very enjoyably but it ran. runs decent on a different box tho 512 mb system ram and 32mb video ram. like i said it all comes down the the number of effects enabled and which effects they are.

hope this helps. cheers :-)

-drama
ULTIMATE EDITION 2.5 X64/ARCHLINUX X64 DUAL BOOT
Antec 900two case
3 antec 120mm tri cool blue led fans (1 rear exaust 2 front intake)
1 antec 220mm "bigboy" tri cool blue led fan (top exaust)
Amd Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Am3 Cpu OC'D @ 4.2 Rev C3
MSI NF980-G65 Am3 Socket DDR3 Tri-sli ATX Mainboard
Nvidia 980A Sli Chipset
Corsair 2GB Dual Channel ram (1GBx2) DDR3 @ 1600 MHZ
EVGA Nvidia GTS-250 1GB PCI Express Graphics Card
Lite-On Dual Layer Sata Dvd Burner
3x 1TB Seagate Sata Hdd's 32Mb cache
ASUS VH235 23 Inch Lcd Wide Screen Monitor
OCZ ModXStream Pro 700Watt Psu
Rosewill 3.5" Internal USB 2.0 Card Reader w/ Floppy Drive
drama
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Postby nicgom » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:08 pm

Hi, thanks, uninstalling and reinstalling the kubuntu.docs, done, the problem with the dual display is not that big , it is important to me to be able to see it on the monitor, but now i have another problem, i get a message, there are 115 updates, i try to do the update but then i get another message: Not all updates can be installed
this can be caused by:

a previus update that didn't complete, unofficial software packages not provided bz ubuntu or normal changes of a pre-release version of ubuntu.

so a try to do a partial update, but then, after 10 seconds or so, i get this other message:

error authenticating some packages: envy
w32 codecs

and it stops, so i keep getting the message:

there are 115 updates available

it's not that it bothers, but i'd like to have things working, please if any body knows how to deal with this problem, let me know, i also am having problem while trzing to add new languages to the system, i live and germany, my laptop has a englisch layout keyboard, but i happens to work a lot in german, and i got a usb regular kazboard with german layout, so i need to add german to work at home, and i need the english for the university.

by the waz, mine is a laptop, from averatec, 10 inches, display, 1 gb ram, 1,00 ghz celeron M processor, 32 or 64 graphic ram, i dualboot with xp,

thanks again,
nicgom
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 1.7