Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Player

Source code I have written openly published for your viewing pleasure.

Re: Ultimate Player

Postby dougal » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:51 am

Sorry guys, I spoke too soon. I do have problems with Ultimate Player - the tar installation that I have been talking of.

Everything works as far as I can tell although I have not installed any of the deb files, Clementine/Ultimate Player works out of the bin folder under Ultimate Player install folder - if I double click TWICE for the first instance of the programme. Every other time I only have to double click once.

The other problem is that my RythmBox panel icon constantly flickers as though the microphone is being used and when I try to open the menu, it will not allow me to get into the menu. The menu will appear when I click the panel icon but, when I move to go into the menu, the menu disappears.

I have repeated this several times now , rebooting in-between to replicate the bug and RythmBox is only upset when I open Ultimate Player.
I don't have to play music or anything like that. I only need to open the programme.

Cheers,

Dougal.
ImageImage

Serious Ultimate Edition user with little talent but, stacks of enthusiasm and willing to help anyone as much as I humbly can...
Main OS: Ultimate Edition 2.6 on all my machines (can't live without Emerald)
On probation OS: 3.5 64-bit
dougal
Site Admin

Operating System: Other O/S

Postby Meister » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:19 am

What version of RythmBox are you using , I will install it and see what is up. I feel you on the Linux file system, I went to burn a cd for my girlfriend and low and behold i could not seem to find my music drive in the burner open dialog. Then i remembered the /media thing, I think they really need to rework that as well.
Meister
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby dougal » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:14 pm

Meister - RythmBox 0.13.1.

Sounds like we are on the same page with the file system. We can find things but, it could be better.

Cheers,

Dougal.
ImageImage

Serious Ultimate Edition user with little talent but, stacks of enthusiasm and willing to help anyone as much as I humbly can...
dougal
Site Admin

Postby Meister » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:55 pm

Dougal it seems for some reason the 2 players dislike each other , I assume that they are both trying to the same thing hence the issue .
Meister
Site Admin

Postby dougal » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:17 pm

Typical - sounds like another Nero versus EasyCD Creator scenario from a few years ago. Funny how this sort of thing still happens ten years on.
C'est la vie...
ImageImage

dougal
Site Admin

Postby Meister » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:25 pm

dougal wrote:Typical - sounds like another Nero versus EasyCD Creator scenario from a few years ago. Funny how this sort of thing still happens ten years on.
C'est la vie...

and will probably still be happening in another ten . I know the reason, software publishers even in a open environment do not really check with each other. The main concern is that their project work and does it well, who cares of its compatible with project X. You only need one player right :). Now this is a general statement but is close to the truth, most projects have a small number of people working on them to test compatibility with say 20 other projects that are similar is to time consuming. So we will be stuck in this rut per-say as long as we want choices on what player, burning software , etc .... we want to use.
Meister
Site Admin

Postby nynoah » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:24 pm

Looks like an interesting project Thee. Thank you for taking the time to try and implement it. One of the things that I like about Clementine is how it is hooked into the Music Brainz data base system. This helps with looking up song names and fixing the MP3 tags. I think that is a great feature and hope it is kept with Ultimate Edition player. What I miss from Amarok 1.4 and is not included in Clementine is feature that would guess MP3 tags names from file names. It use to save time when trying to fix some of the MP3 tag names. Also if you are feeling adventurous, one of the features that I was was available was the ability to burn to CD or to export lists of music to another place. It may do this already and I have not figured it out. But this would be useful for me when I try to par down my vast music collection to a little less and put just those songs I want onto my laptop.

I have a 400 gig music collection on one system and I DJ at some events. I actually use the crude method of using Itunes on windows to drag a song over to WinAmp to play it. This can also be done on Ubuntu with Clementine dragging to Audacious. The reason for that is Audacious can port out to my external card while Clementine plays on my regular earphone out. Its simplistic but works the best. While MIXXX has been having issues for me. I wish someone would work on that project more.... sigh
nynoah
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.1 32 BIT

Postby Kiran Wade » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:03 am

Please please please....
Release 3.0 with full featuers of ubuntu 2.7 like Gnome, KDE, XFCE, LXDE,openbox.unity etc etc
and also release this 3.0 with best software collection,themes,icons package,wallpapers,visual effects,games package and many more....pLease... I want ubuntu to be the best operating system in the world....
plz plz plz I'am requesting the whole team of ubuntu programmer's plz do it for us pls...
Kiran Wade
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Postby billhedrick » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:15 pm

Ultimate Edition 3.0 will be, if it follows Ultimate Edition history, a Gnome release. 3.1 will have multiple GUIs.
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby pclinuxguru » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:17 pm

billhedrick wrote:Ultimate Edition 3.0 will be, if it follows Ultimate Edition history, a Gnome release. 3.1 will have multiple GUIs.

at last info

Ultimate Edition 3.0 is being developed under Unity but offers classic gnome as well.
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

PreviousNext

Return to Programming