Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Can boot Xubuntu but not Ultimate Edition 5.7 - failed to st

Support for Ultimate Edition 5.7

Can boot Xubuntu but not Ultimate Edition 5.7 - failed to st

Postby Fulcrum23 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:43 am

Hi all my first time on a forum apologies in advance if I stumble, returning to use Ultimate Edition after a long time away.

I have a HP Envy laptop that completely wiped the pre-installed Windows from and formatted the HDD. Bios will only boot USB drives for me with Legacy on and Secure Boot off. I have tried everything that I can think off and have even removed the HDD and tried installing to it as an external HDD, formatted, boot rescue, gparted, all will let me install Ultimate Edition 5.7 & 5.8 but I cant get past the Xubuntu boot screen as it just spins and wont load the operating system.

I reinstalled the HDD and re- formatted it and was able to install Xubuntu without any problem, I repeated the process to attempt a clean install of 5.7 & 5.8 with no luck. If I boot into recovery mode i can see the following error on the output = failed to start apply kernel variables. Everything else in the output says OK.

Google search has produced discussions above my knowledge base so any advice and help would be greatly appreciated.
Fulcrum23
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Return to Ultimate Edition 5.7