Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

3.5 and Unebootin success with 3.7kernel

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 3.5

3.5 and Unebootin success with 3.7kernel

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:48 pm

A few months ago tried for 3.5 on my flashdrive. Was a no success with the 3.2 kernel. As had to format 3.4 for the move to kernel 3.7 on the main machine. Decided after the move and its success to try for it again! This time is up and running, of course is where am typing from! For some reason kernel 3.2 isn't able to handle the capability of Ultimate 3.5 on a flash, but the 3.7 kernel handled it very nicely! As am working on making it a bit quicker for my final semester might take some time but already have it past the point of booting to the KDE desktop and is on the Gnome. Tried a crazy experiment too, but was not successful. Was trying to change kernel on the flash but believe is a flop since booted right to the 3.2. Think it is not possible to change a kernel image in this state! Would be great to figure a way and am thinking about it! Would be great to someway change the kernel while in its ISO format as would just install automatically with the new kernel. The results on 3.7 kernel on my main machine just prove it was meant to be! 3.5 and 3.7 working side by side, compiz correctly functioning is a great deal, one that would be awesome on a flashdrive! For now is the perfect resolution to the errors that plagued me. Am happy no longer have to turn compiz off on the shutdown and will come up correctly on boot! Well am back to mess with this flashdrive as want to speed its boot time! Will see what happens and post back letting all know how to get it set right so is a bit faster on the flash! All suggestions welcome to increase the speed. Still like 3.4 and always will but moving up to 3.5 on the flash is a better deal! TheeMahn really pulled a winner with 3.5 as always kicks you know what!!!!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: 3.5 and Unebootin success with 3.7kernel

Postby pch.shot » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:16 pm

<BREW>
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby Micro » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:20 pm

System>Preferences>Startup Applications - you can change what is started at boot. Also you can shut down services that arent needed in System>Administration>Services. If you do not have Services installed you can do so by installing
Code: Select all
sudo -s

Code: Select all
apt-get install gnome-system-tools

When Black Opal first came out I had a bootup fix that made it boot extremely fast on one of my laptops. Might have been a kernel parameter or something but I do not have it logged in my KB. Maybe someone else can chime in here with the answer. Hope these help...
https://www.linkedin.com/in/josephperrello
Thermaltake Series Core X9 SPCC E-ATX Cube Case
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB Quad Channel DDR4
EVGA 120-G1-0750-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 750W PSU
APC BR1300G Back-UPS Pro 780W/1300VA UPS
ASRock X99 Extreme4 LGA X99 Motherboard
OC-Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.1GHz × 12
Corsair H100i V2 CPU Cooler. 240mm
Kernel Linux 4.6.4-1-ARCH x86_64
MATE Desktop Environment 1.12.1
OS - SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB
DATA - 2 SSD 840 EVO RAID 0
MEDIA - 4 HDD 3TB RAID 0
NVIDIA GeForce GTX750 Ti
ViewSonic PJD7820HD
OS - Filesystem F2FS
Arch Linux
Micro
Site Admin

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:56 pm

Thanks Micro! Going to set that tomorrow as am anxious to try another experiment of mine! Getting to be a real mad scientist here and there! Am also going to upload a sort of help file for new users and upgrading to newer kernels. Hoping it will help and is things we sometimes take for granted! Have a delay on the old laptop as have to pull the keyboard out and get the CMOS battery out. I'm not going to make a special trip to the store! Will have to wait til more things compile for that trip! Am happy as you know what that 3.5 is now on the flash as last few times tried on the 3.2 kernel would never save any settings even though 3gigs was reserved for it! Now was just as simple as working with 3.4 to just start saving and setting things! To lighten the load I dumped most of the themes as only use the two I brought with me! Am a real sucker for those two themes and one is modified to contain the stoplight type for min, expand and close. Love the looks and has always been easier on the eyes! Learned the coloring deal from a Chinese distribution called YLMF 4. Version of Gnome was very similar to Cinnamon's desktop, but the main thing was color scheme made it easier to spend more time on the computer. Brighter colors just seem to cause me eye strain! Anyway their system was very intriguing in some points and do enjoy messing with it on VBOX. I did run that OS as my first Linux system, but does look quite like an antique when it comes to Ultimate! Still a few ideas are there I want to pursue, so will go at it again and still hoping to bring it back to present day!(Was outdated 6 months after release due to kernel change!). Currently, I was unable to get their new release when they combined with StartOS. I only have beta versions of YLMF 5 which lacks in the looks that YLMF 4 had! Their combine with StartOS has a server that is very slow. Not going to wait all day for download of it! My heart lies with Ultimate, but alas you never forget the first!!!!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Return to Ultimate Edition 3.5