Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Liquorix Limbo (3.6 S.O.S)

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 3.5

Liquorix Limbo (3.6 S.O.S)

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:03 pm

First think my classification needs to go from Pro to joe! I blew it today with trying to go to 3.6 kernel. 4.7.2 compiler on install claimed all but the base installed. Some updates popped up, thought it cleared things up so proceeded to install the 3.6 kernel(3.6.0-9) of the liquorix kind! Went through all the motions then at the end came up with a few little errors. Well took me about 45 minutes to get to finally recovering the 3.2.0-34 kernel. Tried to recover the liquorix one but looked like wouldn't have much to go to considering was claiming usb was a no go, which would mean no keyboard, mouse etc! Didn't sound good to me! Also claimed cinnamon had to be removed. A lot of the reason took as much time as it did is Ultimate wants to boot instead of going to the grub screen. Lot of reset button pushing to get it to go there! So now am on the 3.2 and 4.6 gcc is only one working as sysinfo says. So question is where do I go from here? Anyone have some good advice to get me on 3.6 or should I just let the janitor remove everything and scrap it? Figure those that have done this move would know what is conflicting or what can be done in this situation. As have said before, sure have come a little way this year, but is really a short walk on a long path!!! Feels as if I have a thousand miles to go and I have only just made the six block mark! Really was a daring move to try this, but am in this field for keeps and have to learn as much as I can! Sure my field actually contains less knowledge than I am pursuing, but would rather be over than under! Thanks for advice in advance. Also some of the reason was doing this, heard compiz clears up a bit. Other day compiz dumped and froze the system while I was working on a java program. So I figured would clear up some of these idioscyncrasies by moving the kernel up! Hey least this time I recovered and didn't have to reload, so guess am learning something after all!!! Got a charge out of the sudo apt-get -f install command! We all know the f stands for futzed up install, right? Have to get a laugh out of something when things are going haywire!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: Liquorix Limbo (3.6 S.O.S)

Postby Micro » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:21 pm

I havent had any luck with the Liquorix kernel and Debain. I installed and it runs great, but has issues with my hardware and sd card reader. Not to mention 3 out of 4 reboots have panic with a tcs memory overun error. Expected as I am running a somewhat custom sid build. I was fortunate to come across a similiar kernel call pf. It has all the extra patches like Liquorix. But that's besides the point. I know a bunch of other are successfully running Liquorix on Ubuntu with some great installation documentation by pam. But i think you had a few things going on with your machine. After updating Liquorix, or any kernel for that matter, it is expected to run the graphics installer again to build the newer kernel modules. For instance If i upgrade my kernel from 3.6.9 to 3.7 I will have to run my NVidia installer again after reboot to build those kernel modules on the newer version. If your installer can't find the kernel source you can look at my more recent post on http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8798. Also if when building you get a gcc warning, you should be able to override this through the driver installation. I also believe you may have had an issue with updates. But all in all, we are here to help. You decide what you want to do next. I would revisit pam's instructions on Liquorix and see if you may have missed anything. If you have any issues we can address them as they come....
https://www.linkedin.com/in/josephperrello
Thermaltake Series Core X9 SPCC E-ATX Cube Case
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB Quad Channel DDR4
EVGA 120-G1-0750-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 750W PSU
APC BR1300G Back-UPS Pro 780W/1300VA UPS
ASRock X99 Extreme4 LGA X99 Motherboard
OC-Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.1GHz × 12
Corsair H100i V2 CPU Cooler. 240mm
Kernel Linux 4.6.4-1-ARCH x86_64
MATE Desktop Environment 1.12.1
OS - SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB
DATA - 2 SSD 840 EVO RAID 0
MEDIA - 4 HDD 3TB RAID 0
NVIDIA GeForce GTX750 Ti
ViewSonic PJD7820HD
OS - Filesystem F2FS
Arch Linux
Micro
Site Admin

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:28 pm

Figured would have to re-install video driver, but can't get there unless you make it even to any screen you can put input to. Claimed there was no connectivity . I had to uninstall as nothing I did would get it going anywhere. I went by all Pam's instructions to the T. Great directions have to add! Followed a second time when I received the GCC error. Of course to no avail. Then updates seemed to take care of that as I was then able to install the kernel. Went on for close to half hour then had two small errors. Apparently some folders were not created one called var/lib/apt/lists/partial and var/cache/apt/archives/partial. Had grep/etc/resolve.conf missing and GDBUS.Error. That is what I found when I tried the menu in grub to try and fix things. It also uninstalled Cinnamon and Gnome advanced settings, so not a great experience and something that is about the size of my luck most days!!! If I could have booted somewhere, anywhere am sure would have been able to do something. Am really starting to think this built in video is probably the blame and Linux probably wants to sweep it under the rug, so to speak! Am getting outdated again! These 2 computers are going on 3 years old and lot of new stuff after them! Quad 4, 2.8ghz is no big deal anymore, just a drop in the bucket! I even have a 2gig mp3 using like a flash drive with the video driver on it. If I could have even gotten to the default screen, I would have installed that if connectivity wasn't there. Carl9170 can get anywhere, so could have waited til tomorrow at school and downloaded it.

I will admit was a bit scared to initiate the process, but now that I see if it fails can revert to the original kernel is not terrible. Just time consuming is all, no big deal. Is all part of the learning experience. You probably done this dozens of times, where as this was my first. Will even admit first kernel change on updates scared me a bit too! Now is nothing, just let it do its thing reboot and is up and running! There was also a beef about the base file of GCC not being Precise and being Oubuntu. So maybe that can be part of it too! Not sure as am not very knowledgeable in the kernel area yet, but am doing my best to learn! I do have a copy of 3.6 Stable and Blackwolf's script. Just sounded this way would be easier. Long as have a fallback might just attempt that one. Might have been some difference in files that just don't work well together. See I snoozed on this deal! Should have done it when posted! Files change as time goes on. One small difference in a file and bam, no dice, disaster area! I know that one since I have created many disasters in my java files! I type all those lines and boom put a bracer in the wrong place or forget the semicolon and get 20 to 50 errors! Not sure on how other Linux OS's deal with kernel change, but least with Ultimate holding on to the old kernel is a real stroke of luck and quite a great asset!

Will admit that 12.04 screen is kind of creepy and ugly looking! Was worried would not get back to square one, but least when it did get there was very happy! Don't really feel like doing a full reload at this time, but still have the flashdrive with 3.4 can fall back on if all fails! Have to have an ace in the hole somewhere! As always really appreciate those of you here that have the experience and for your great advice! Definite reason for me never to leave here!!! Sure, I visit other forums, but here is where I learn the most valuable things! Thanks everyone!!!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:08 pm

Talk about curious and pig headed, am that! Had to get my answer and now I got it! No support for my built in video card! Did Blackwolf's script which was very simple and easy to get going. Also much more informative! No Xorg drivers so that blows me out of the water. Couldn't get to anything so can't re-install. Am catching up though 2 kernel attempts in one day!!! Took out Cinnamon again along with gnome tweaks and a few other things. Maybe will be better off without them! Problem am having here and there with compiz is if I forget to shut it down when I shut down, sometimes when I boot it up I get the partially hiding taskbar or none up top. So thought maybe the 3.6 deal would knock it off. Otherwise, I usually don't have a problem with compiz and love it so much! Am a real sucker for all these little effects!!! Never thought I would be sort of kid-like at my age!!!! Learning, then wanting to be on the cutting edge was also the reasons for delving into this. Is kind of fun in a way! Have learned much more about the recovery mode so is not all in vain! Everything else seemed to be in order and less errors, so now I know is centered on that on board video. Well fortunate for me am back on 3.2 and will just have to stay that way until I get some cash and build a better computer! Think am going to leave Cinnamon go for good! Too much messing with it to get it working and when it does is not right. Is just as it is on other OS's runs half way! All show, no go!!! Will stick with Gnome 3, KDE and XFCE are good deals and work well on here! This kernel stuff does give me an idea for another experiment. Blackwolf's script is a total Godsend! Need to learn that stuff real real bad!!! Once again am in debt to you Blackwolf!!!! As have said is great to be here, most times I think I learn more valuable things here than at school!!! Can't remember which built in vid this is. Am bad with numbers! Shame as wanted to post so if others are in the same boat, they know to scrap the idea! Will get it for next time.
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby pam » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:54 pm

WOW!! Fresh breeze just came in...

Nah BBOSAK2143 , these things are just time consuming.......its more about getting your head right rather than breaking your head over them :roll:

Early linux days were sweet and kernel panics were cool and solving them even cooler.........but nowadays they are just a waste of time.......just as manually making entries in grub to boot different os's.

Like Micro said if need be we can guide you through the whole process from step 1 to the last..

As for cinnamon it took me 10 minutes of usage to debunk it completely.........its not bad and has lesser bugs than ever but its just not usable.....same as when KDE 4.0 came out.
DONOTSPAMORTROLL:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11
Download Ultimate Edition and Oz Unity 3.0 from copy:-
https://www.copy.com/s/oBnDBsDOvxF8jW1EuLKM/Public
Download Ultimate Edition from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimat ... rce=navbar
Download Oz Unity 3.0 from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/
Download Ultimate Edition torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Download Oz Unity 3.0 torrents from linuxtracker:-
Image Image
Visit:http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com
pam
Site Admin

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:32 am

Thanks Pam and Micro for offering your assistance is greatly appreciated! I have in the past downloaded the entire kernel, but as time is a little limited right now, have to wait a few days to check it out. The whole process is so intriguing and fascinating which is unlike any other types of OS's(non Linux/Unix). Is literly sliding an entire system in to take over for the old!!!! Didn't understand that fact until a few months ago. Now am totally wowed by it!!!! Have to understand all these facts as one day still hope to create my own distribution. Career field am going into doesn't require C++ but am also trying to pick that up so greatly appreciate those on here that have brought many things up on it! In just another day after my last test, will have more time to investigate and learn these things! As posted above, the script from Blackwolf and watching the entire process was more informative this time. USB was picked up, but Video was dropped, hence my theory these built-in video cards lose support after a few years. Never built one of these before. All others had great cards in them. Was just short on cash as only a few month earlier the plant where I worked shut down. Am hoping in the next year can build a new one. Is weird for me using the same computer for more than 2 years! Is not the fact they stop running, fact I want to stay with technology and not be behind. Is awesome in my time seeing all these changes! Am little more than 2 months shy of 50 and have seen incredible things! I remember tubes in TV's and Pocket radios larger than the digital camera I have! I have a few friends that still won't even go near a computer! Another one of the things impresses me on TheeMahn. A few years younger than me but, has the brains of a 25 year old, swift and precise! Anyway have to get back to Cisco! Just don't like networking and think would hang myself if I had to do it all day!!! Programming not! Can spend day in, day out on it! As have said before everyone is different and have to truly be grateful for that!!!! Take care and once again thanks!!!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:06 pm

Hi, I'm back!!! Am getting like the "Central Scrutinizer on Frank Zappa's Joe's Garage" I'm back since I delved more into this situation! Found out GCC 4.7.2 did some sort of half ^^^ install! Was stupid and accepted it was good last night. This afternoon checked and found is in "Limbo" when typing gcc -v in terminal comes up with 4.6.3. If I try and update claims 4.7.2 is installed! Am starting to believe the original error about the base file being wrong. Am wondering if I should just uninstall the 4.7.2 pieces and just build the new one! Have it downloaded and have instructions! Think would be a good move? How bout even more daring, also have kernel 3.7 unpacked and ready to go! Am just getting wishy washy on some of these sites through the terminal. Just seems as if they fall asleep or I just don't have the speed(not cable only 3g Verizon!). Maybe would be a better shot I just follow the directions and put it all together myself? Just having a hard time believing Linux would do the Windows thing and drop hardware! Doesn't seem natural after looking at many related Linux things!!! Linux thrives on being able to be used on anything out there!!!! Really am believing the install was uncoordinated both times! Not by any fault of directions!!!! No is by fault as have said, "The fastest connection wins, the slower one swings in the breeze!" Sure am not at a snail's pace here, but cable is quicker. Especially here in the sticks with hills and such not great signal all the time!!!! Might be the meth labs interfering!!! Just kidding! Just hear about that junk so much out here! Shame people have to torture themselves to death to enjoy life! Rather be learning than dying!!!!! Anyway any advice will be appreciated! Thinking in another day can take on this gamble! Might burn some stuff then do it! Very anxious to get a success! Love Ultimate and how far has brought me! Never thought I would get a system so dependable as to be able to try all this stuff!!!!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby Micro » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:16 pm

That may be counter-productive. lol . But lets try to keep this civil. Regular gcc install through synaptic will be fine, or just
Code: Select all
#apt-get install gcc gcc-4.7 gcc-4.7-base
We are ready when you are BBoss...
https://www.linkedin.com/in/josephperrello
Thermaltake Series Core X9 SPCC E-ATX Cube Case
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB Quad Channel DDR4
EVGA 120-G1-0750-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 750W PSU
APC BR1300G Back-UPS Pro 780W/1300VA UPS
ASRock X99 Extreme4 LGA X99 Motherboard
OC-Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.1GHz × 12
Corsair H100i V2 CPU Cooler. 240mm
Kernel Linux 4.6.4-1-ARCH x86_64
MATE Desktop Environment 1.12.1
OS - SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB
DATA - 2 SSD 840 EVO RAID 0
MEDIA - 4 HDD 3TB RAID 0
NVIDIA GeForce GTX750 Ti
ViewSonic PJD7820HD
OS - Filesystem F2FS
Arch Linux
Micro
Site Admin

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby pam » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:22 pm

It will keep showing gcc 4.6.3 and give you the message 4.7 is installed..........DONT worry gcc 4.7 is already installed!
gcc 4.7 gets installed as a dependency for liquorix..........it will show the same to everyone.......including me .........just follow procedure till you can boot into liquorix.
DONOTSPAMORTROLL:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11
Download Ultimate Edition and Oz Unity 3.0 from copy:-
https://www.copy.com/s/oBnDBsDOvxF8jW1EuLKM/Public
Download Ultimate Edition from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimat ... rce=navbar
Download Oz Unity 3.0 from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/
Download Ultimate Edition torrents from linuxtracker:-
Download Oz Unity 3.0 torrents from linuxtracker:-
Image Image
Visit:http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com
pam
Site Admin

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:00 am

How long should it take to get to the desktop half hour, hour or whole day? Waited a good 10 minutes so figured just didn't take. This trying to install everything by hand and not by yours or Blackwolf's instructions is enough to drive one crazy! Everyone has a different way and unfortunately so far nothing works! See when I tried in terminal and receive message that 4.6.3 GCC is installed, leads me to think was a failed install. Am I wrong? Also when I tried failsafe mode for the graphics said I didn't have any? Although I did have the normal 3.5 splash when I tried liquorix, but waited 10 minutes and it never went anywhere. That is when I did the recover bit and tried failsafe mode and recieved that message no Xorg drivers. Am starting to think will take me another 10 years to learn this stuff! Blackwolf's left me with no splash but did look like many things that weren't working for the Liquorix kernel were working for it, but definitely no video! Looked some of this stuff up tried some make commands for a few files. FIrst sucess with that!!! Alas it didn't put the files in the proper place! Oh well can't win them all!!!! Micro, am not cutting anything about directions down so please don't misunderstand. Is on my side only!!! Have kind of a wishy washy connection at times! Linux works fast and that can cause trouble if you can't connect to the site at the proper time the file is needed! Learned that a few months back! Had a few failed installs due to wishy washy connection. Least here directions are beyond reproach!!!! Seems elsewhere directions are something someone takes a guess at it!!!! So please if you can line me up with information that will help me learn, will be greatly appreciated. Am afraid I am just to inept to get them on my own!!!! Was looking at messing with an old OS to revive it kernel wise in Vbox sometime soon. So maybe should just play with that for a bit til I can get some better success. As I am going now am sure to tear Ultimate apart! Don't really want to do that. Guess am just too excited with this kernel idea. Never knew would find as much misinformation as I have. Getting to think linux from scratch should be called scratch linux!!!! Anyway least on here, you people know what you are talking about and is a true blessing to have that!!!! Just wish others would follow in your ways!!!!! Please don't take this up as me getting huffy and puffy, cause am not! Just don't understand it all and doing my best to learn it! Is really all very exciting to me, just can do without the misinformation some sites have. Have to ask as a last question. When you initiate the "make" command isn't there a set place those files should go to? In the past have read some and it looked as if there was! So figured would asked the more experienced! Thanks for all your info! As always love it here. Also to be honest Ultimate is the first linux OS ever had that the make command does work! All other ones claimed files missing!!!!! Least this is in my favor!!!!!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Next

Return to Ultimate Edition 3.5