Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Is Ultimate Edition 3.5 recomended for notebooks?..

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 3.5

Is Ultimate Edition 3.5 recomended for notebooks?..

Postby DeeDon » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:07 pm

My friend dropped in for a coffee and chat.. and I starts showing him this UE-OS, in a lightning-speed display of the bits and features in toolbars and launchers...
His eyes "light-up", and he moves in closer to the screen.. Two minutes into the demo he says.. Thanks for the coffee and smoke.. I gotta go.. I gotta strip all my precious stuff off my notebook, and get you to install this OS in it...
He has W-7 in it.. Is it recommended to DBAN the hd.. given that Windows probably has a buggy partition that installs generally don't delete.. or does this install actually eliminate those little "cling-ons"..?

I found a bunch of youtube videos where computer wizards are doing their own spiels on Ultimate Edition.. The plan is to load those videos to his notebook install.. Please supply a list of all the prime links to videos and instruction, that you know I should add to his Ultimate Edition notebook's home file...

I read in a few Ultimate Edition related blogs that some folks are experiencing a few minor incompatibility problems with Ultimate Edition in certain notebooks...
I'd like to install Ultimate Edition 3.4 in his notebook.. Is the standard Ultimate Edition 3.4 install ISO recommended for notebooks?.. or is there a special ISO that I should download..?

What are the contradictions, precautions, and concerns in installing Ultimate Edition in notebooks..? I never did it before.. I'm guessing it's same as installing in a tower, only flatter...
DeeDon
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Re: Is Ultimate Edition 3.5 recomended for notebooks?..

Postby Micro » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:14 pm

I used a usb install on my relatives asus notebook and didnt have any issues. It ran great on an average processor and 1gb RAM. I used Ultimate Lite 3 alll bluedecked out. Fixed one panel issue and he was facinated. Give it a try if u think his notebook can handle a full edition. We are here to help regardless...
https://www.linkedin.com/in/josephperrello
Thermaltake Series Core X9 SPCC E-ATX Cube Case
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB Quad Channel DDR4
EVGA 120-G1-0750-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 750W PSU
APC BR1300G Back-UPS Pro 780W/1300VA UPS
ASRock X99 Extreme4 LGA X99 Motherboard
OC-Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.1GHz × 12
Corsair H100i V2 CPU Cooler. 240mm
Kernel Linux 4.6.4-1-ARCH x86_64
MATE Desktop Environment 1.12.1
OS - SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB
DATA - 2 SSD 840 EVO RAID 0
MEDIA - 4 HDD 3TB RAID 0
NVIDIA GeForce GTX750 Ti
ViewSonic PJD7820HD
OS - Filesystem F2FS
Arch Linux
Micro
Site Admin

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:14 pm

Would say 3.5 would be more up to date with notebooks since have noticed a few updates that apply! In fact came in today! If Ultimate can't run on any device, I give!!! I mean is a true leap into the future for computers. These people know computers and don't just pretend! If you want to insure it will work use the live function on which ever means you plan to install, be it USB or DVD. You should be able to gather most information you need that way, then you can proceed to install and as I say everyday "Enjoy!" This is exactly what I do everyday with Ultimate! I don't miss Sidewinder one bit! Tore up way too many hard drives with all those MS OS's! Ultimate 3.5 is a true workhorse that can run all day, no problem. There are hardly any other systems out there that can do the same, believe me have tried a lot! Very easy installation and interface with the system is very good! Excellent manual that can help with many functions of the system! Very rare manual since most OS's never have one as accurate or so well well written!True genius and in my book, if a device won't run Ultimate is not worth it to have! As of present I even use 3.4 on a flash to bring to school with me for my own personal OS! I do not wish to user other OS's as Ultimate is the most accurate and reliable! Give it a shot and you will see!!!!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby dougal » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:27 pm

3.5 should run on any modern laptop... within the last few years. Some will say even older but, that's pushing it. It is a modern system made to run on modern equipment. Having said that, it runs on an old Sony Vaio that I have, an old Toshiba Equim and the Dell Studio 1537. So three different manufacturers, three different ages of processor and three different graphics set-ups.
The KDE interface (set by default) is not to everyones' taste and I don't like the way it's set out, too much like a Windows Vista/7 style. Just a tad clumsy but, hey that's just me. Others like it just fine.
I have found that if there are any graphics issues, exit to the LogIn environment and after entering your password but, before hitting enter, click on the little icon beside your name and choose Gnome Classic. It is a nice stable environment. You could try others off the list but, beware, not all work and I have found I had to re-install the system a couple of times after choosing Desktop Environments off the list that did not work with my machines.
Certainly no harm in running the LiveDVD or USB to try things out.
It will be a bit slower with a DVD because of disk access times but, the USB should work faster. I must admit to having the odd problem with the USB but, that is on my new-ish AMD 8-core desktop. The damn thing just doesn't like USB Flash drives off the BIOS.
I certainly won't be buying another...
Good luck and have fun. Just as a by-the-way, I still run Ultimate Edition 2.6 on a few of my machines as the default system. It has Compiz Window manager and the Emerald Window decorator set-up just the way I like it and it runs so fast... never giving any sign of failing!!! I sometimes wonder why I installed 3.5 at all but, we have to move with the times and at least try out the new systems. There should be an advantage to running newer systems on modern equipment and 3.5 does load quicker.
ImageImage

Serious Ultimate Edition user with little talent but, stacks of enthusiasm and willing to help anyone as much as I humbly can...
Main OS: Ultimate Edition 2.6 on all my machines (can't live without Emerald)
On probation OS: 3.5 64-bit
dougal
Site Admin

Operating System: Other O/S

Return to Ultimate Edition 3.5