Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Gamers 4.6

Help & Support for Ultimate Gamers Edition.

Gamers 4.6

Postby saiyuki » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:46 am

Hi all. I seem to have found a problem with Gamers 4.6 version. From a fresh install and after selecting System/Preferences/Appearance, and then closing the Appearance window, i see the process is still running (mate-appearance-properties) in the system process window. I have core 3 (quad core cpu) running at 100%. If i repeat the same i get another core running at 100%. Do it 4 times and i have 4 cores running at 100%.

The only way to Stop it from running is to end each process in turn which then returns my quad to me. The quad runs at 100% all the time until i stop it.

As i said this is from a default install so i haven't added anything -apart from updating the system.

Regards
saiyuki
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Re: Gamers 4.6

Postby barney » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:16 am

Yeah I have the same problem.
ASRock Fatal1ty Z170-Gaming K6+ Motherboard, Core i7 6700k,
16GB 2400DDR4 RAM, GTX970, 240GBSSD, 120SSD, plus 3 other HDDs
H105 CPU cooler. EVGA 750G2 power supply.
OS?
barney
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby barney » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:38 am

yeah I followed that will restart now let you know how it goes.
OS?
barney
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby barney » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:46 am

Ok so now that I installed the amd drivers the system will not boot I get stuck on a screen with writing. I think the display manager?

Any way is there a way for me to get thumbos on linux mint as that is the only OS I can access? Just in case I may need to go back to 4.2.
OS?
barney
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby saiyuki » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:04 am

Hi. No-go i'm afraid. after following your fix and selecting Appearance i now get 2 mate-appearance-properties entries showing - 1 core=100%, the other sleeping. I close the Apperance screen and only the sleeping entry dissapears. I select Appearance again and i get 3 mate-appearance-properties appear - 2 cores=100% and 1 sleeping. Close the Appearance screen and only the sleeping entry dissapears leaving 2xcores at 100%.

Regards
saiyuki
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby saiyuki » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:15 am

Hi. I have an Intel i5 cpu.

I'm going forego the gamer edition and grab a 'normal' copy of Ultimate. It was only curiosity that led me to try the gamers edition ;)

Thanks for your input though 8-)

Regards
saiyuki
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby saiyuki » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:24 am

Hi. Yes I used the Intel micro-code. Actually after cleaning the system (as per instructions), and using synaptic to install the Intel code, it did say that it was going to re-install the Intel micro-code, so it was included in the original install anyway. ;)

Regards
saiyuki
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby saiyuki » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:00 am

I have an apology to make, my cpu is an Intel q6600. I have 2 systems running at the same time. My main one has an i5, the other which I have ultimate on is a q6600.

Regards
saiyuki
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby barney » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:45 am

I changed the display manager still no luck I will remove AMD drivers or maybe just reinstall.

Anyway thanks for you help.
OS?
barney
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby pam » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:32 am

You must realize TheeMahn is way ahead of things. Prolly the kind of guy Apple, Redhat and Intel would hire.

Adding programs to make a CPU run better is a regressive process something which Linus does not subscribe.
The Linux Device Driver maintainer(Greg Kroah Hartman) had once said.... Intel adds code and bug fixes long before the chip leaves the foundry.
Intel is the only company that has production ready code before hardware gets released; for LINUX.

You dont need to add any programs to make the CPU run better.

The bug can be because of:
1> TheeMahn is way ahead is breaking and then making stuff. A one man army with 10 fingers doing the work of 100 fingers.
2> As a result a long lost overlooked or untested software bug has arisen. Can even be related to the Gnome 2.xx series.
3> Gnome 2.x was funded by corporations. Mate is Not funded but an open source project keeping the old template alive...
.... dont get me wrong I love mate.

The Q6600 is an old cpu and does not require any new code unless they are multithreaded or OpenCL optimizations directly applied to the
batch that affects all CPU's.

Your program behaviour is very familiar and used to happen to me too...its a runaway process. You can kill it by using the kill or killall command:

Code: Select all
kill -9 <process ID>

OR
Code: Select all
killall  mate-appearance-properties

The AMD firmware drivers are a quick fix for running graphics drivers where catalyst does not work(for later APU's and graphics), and catalyst does not work with many distributions.... AMD does not do enough work to get catalyst working out of box.
DONOTSPAMORTROLL:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11
Download Ultimate Edition and Oz Unity 3.0 from copy:-
https://www.copy.com/s/oBnDBsDOvxF8jW1EuLKM/Public
Download Ultimate Edition from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimat ... rce=navbar
Download Oz Unity 3.0 from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/
Download Ultimate Edition torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Download Oz Unity 3.0 torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1