Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition Theme Pack...

Here you will find the official theme, wallpaper, etc. of Ultimate Edition 1.4

Re: Ultimate Edition Theme Pack...issues

Postby SilverEagle2 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:13 pm

OK, stupid question. I had installed Ultimate Edition 2.1 on a machine and had to give it up to another person that needed a box. I then installed on another box vanilla Ubuntu 8.10. However I really liked the sound theme from Ultimate Edition 2.1. I wish I could just find the sound theme for 2.1 and use it.

I thought that maybe the theme pack for 2.2 would have the same sound scheme as 2.1 and so I installed the "NON" auto 2.2 deb. I was a little miffed that 1, it was not the same sound scheme. 2, it replaced my defualt Ubuntu cursors on the startup and login screens with the Ultimate Edition cursors. (Not a fan of the spinning arrowhead and globe) sorry.

So....I uninstalled the theme pack and low and behold, the default Ubuntu log in theme cursors were not set back and some basic black arrow and static watch cursors are now in it's place.

So I have 2 questions. 1. Can I get the sound them for UE2.1 somewhere that includes instructions for setting the login prompt sound to that which is installed with Ultimate Edition 2.1?

2. How can I set my login cursor theme back to what it was before the install/uninstall of Ultimate Edition 2.2 theme pack?

Thanks in advance.

If I can get get my default Ubuntu cursor theme back for the logon and get the sound theme for 2.1 installed, I may reinstall the theme pack for 2.2 as I really liked the theme itself. I just do not want the machine hijacked with the cursor theme on startup. I want it to look like the vanilla Ubuntu install until I have logged in. Just a little picky I know.

Looking forward to the answers.
SilverEagle2
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 Gamers

Re: Ultimate Edition Theme Pack...issues

Postby SaddleTramp » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:01 am

SilverEagle2 wrote:OK, stupid question. I had installed Ultimate Edition 2.1 on a machine and had to give it up to another person that needed a box. I then installed on another box vanilla Ubuntu 8.10. However I really liked the sound theme from Ultimate Edition 2.1. I wish I could just find the sound theme for 2.1 and use it.

I thought that maybe the theme pack for 2.2 would have the same sound scheme as 2.1 and so I installed the "NON" auto 2.2 deb. I was a little miffed that 1, it was not the same sound scheme. 2, it replaced my defualt Ubuntu cursors on the startup and login screens with the Ultimate Edition cursors. (Not a fan of the spinning arrowhead and globe) sorry.

So....I uninstalled the theme pack and low and behold, the default Ubuntu log in theme cursors were not set back and some basic black arrow and static watch cursors are now in it's place.

So I have 2 questions. 1. Can I get the sound them for UE2.1 somewhere that includes instructions for setting the login prompt sound to that which is installed with Ultimate Edition 2.1?

2. How can I set my login cursor theme back to what it was before the install/uninstall of Ultimate Edition 2.2 theme pack?

Thanks in advance.

If I can get get my default Ubuntu cursor theme back for the logon and get the sound theme for 2.1 installed, I may reinstall the theme pack for 2.2 as I really liked the theme itself. I just do not want the machine hijacked with the cursor theme on startup. I want it to look like the vanilla Ubuntu install until I have logged in. Just a little picky I know.

Looking forward to the answers.

Howdy Silver and Welcome in...for sounds...if you can get to the box with 2.1 installed, the sound theme is located under /usr/share/sounds/ultimate-edition-2.1...you can copy to CD/USB and install in same location...to change sounds, System/Admin/Login Window, Accessibility tab...
Also for cursors and whatnot, right-click on Desktop and click on "Change Desktop Background", under "Theme" tab, down at bottom "Customize" button, and change icons, pointer, etc...
3 Rules: 1. Research; 2. Read; 3. Repeat 1 & 2
HP Pavilion a1700n; Asus A8M2N-LA; AMD Athlon X2 3800+ 2GHz; 2GB DDR2 PC2-5300 Mem; nForce 430 Chipset
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Samsung 250GB SATA, WD 320GB SATA, WD 500GB 'GREEN' SATA
TSST DVDRW 16X DL; ASUS DRW-2014S1 DVDRW/DL 20X
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Re: Ultimate Edition Theme Pack...

Postby SilverEagle2 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:21 pm

Thanks for the sounds pointer. Unfortunately the 2.1 box was wiped for the customer. Any chance someone can pack them up and put them somewhere I can grab them from?

On the cursors however, not going to help. The 2.2 Theme pack replaced the GDM cursors and then set them on the uninstal to the core cursors instead of the defualt ubuntu.

Your directions are for changing the cursors after the GDM login or user session. Those I can change no problem. I want to know what the deb did when setting the GDM cursors so I can reverse it and set them back to the stock Ubuntu set.

Thanks
SilverEagle2
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby SaddleTramp » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:43 pm

SilverEagle2 wrote:Thanks for the sounds pointer. Unfortunately the 2.1 box was wiped for the customer. Any chance someone can pack them up and put them somewhere I can grab them from?

On the cursors however, not going to help. The 2.2 Theme pack replaced the GDM cursors and then set them on the uninstal to the core cursors instead of the defualt ubuntu.

Your directions are for changing the cursors after the GDM login or user session. Those I can change no problem. I want to know what the deb did when setting the GDM cursors so I can reverse it and set them back to the stock Ubuntu set.

Thanks

You can find themes here: http://packages.ubuntu.com/source/intrepid/gnome/
cursors may be in gcursor, gdm-themes, etc...
I'm not sure exactly, but you can download and see...if they're not there, then let me know and I'll try to find them ... I've got the sound theme condensed into a tar pkg, problem is the smallest I could get it is 4.9Mb...soon as I can find somewhere to load them to I'll let you know...hang in there...
HP Pavilion a1700n; Asus A8M2N-LA; AMD Athlon X2 3800+ 2GHz; 2GB DDR2 PC2-5300 Mem; nForce 430 Chipset
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby SaddleTramp » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:20 am

SilverEagle: You can get the 2.1 sound theme here: http://www.adrive.com/filemanager
Did you find the Cursor Theme??
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby SilverEagle2 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:52 am

Saddle, I have created an account at adrive. Not sure how to get your file. I did find the cursor theme, but it seems nothing I do sets it back. I am still researching the problem. Thanks for your help so far.
SilverEagle2
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby SaddleTramp » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:07 pm

SilverEagle2 wrote:Saddle, I have created an account at adrive. Not sure how to get your file. I did find the cursor theme, but it seems nothing I do sets it back. I am still researching the problem. Thanks for your help so far.

Sorry Silver...my first account there also, so using it for first time (obviously ;) ) Here's the rightlink:
http://www.adrive.com/public/d719d38729 ... 9184b.html
just right-click on the file and download it....

On the cursor thing, check your permissions on the folder/s involved and make sure you have the file/s loaded in the right directory...well, that would also be for the sound theme too...

...keep me posted on how it goes...we'll git'r dun one way or 'nother ;)
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby SilverEagle2 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:18 pm

Thanks for the sound pack. I rebuilt the machine with 9.04 so gone is the cursor issue.
SilverEagle2
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Fader » Wed May 06, 2009 8:15 pm

Anyone have a working link to the 2.2 theme? Official is down.

http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show. ... ent=100855
CPU: Pentium 4 3Ghz
Chieftec Dragon case(old alienware style)
Mainboard : MSI MS-7028
Ram: 2GB
HDD: Samsung 160GB 7200rpm SATA
Optical Drive: Samsung DVD-RW
VGA: Gigabtye 7200 GS 256mb
Fader
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby stanca » Thu May 07, 2009 10:43 am

Intel H61 ASrock H61M-VS Motherboard,
Cpu Intel Ci3 13-2100 3.10Ghz 64bit 3MB Box,
RAM 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Elixir,
Palit Nvidia Geforce 210 1GB DDR3 PCI-E.
Dual-boot Ultimate Edition 3.4 x86_64/Windows 8 x64.
Linux user # 492560.
"This is Linux land!In silent nights you can hear Windows machines rebooting!..."
http://www.youtube.com/user/laur1969 http://stanca-ultimateeditionromania.blogspot.com/#

stanca
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Official U.E. Themes