Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition Theme Pack...

Here you will find the official theme, wallpaper, etc. of Ultimate Edition 1.4

Ultimate Edition Theme Pack...

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:01 pm

07/28/2010: Greater then 3 months since I have seen this post. As much as I hate to admit it I am in a losing game, I have bit off more then I can chew. When I have time theme updates will appear on http://themelinux.com/ I am sorry, but I am 1 man.

04/16/10: Sorry for the delay I have been extremely busy building all Ultimate Edition theme packs to support Lucid based distros thanks plymouth ;) Each theme will be spit into 5 packages a bunch of work on my end to allow support for Karmic / 2.5 or less and lucid. Each package will have to be broken down as follows using unreleased 2.6 as an example:
ultimate-edition-2.6.0-usplash_AMD64.deb
ultimate-edition-2.6.0-usplash_i386.deb
ultimate-edition-2.6.1-xsplash_all.deb
ultimate-edition-2.6.2-plymouth_all.deb
ultimate-edition-theme-2.6.2_all.deb

When it hits the "MAIN" repo you will be able to issue sudo apt-get install ultimate-edition-theme-2.6 depending on what you are running will download the entire theme based on current distro you are running. I used to offer themes in a single package so no simple chore to rip them apart and re-build them accordingly. The 2.6 theme works off our test repository, no matter if you run Ubuntu or Ultimate Edition. Many thanks go out to our beta testers & Guinea pigs ;) The theme is not set in stone until Ultimate Edition 2.6 release so no matter what you have seen circulating the net, may not be the end result.

If I have not completed the task prior to Ubuntu Lucid going final my priorities lay with producing Ultimate Edition and not re-building themes. I can make no guarantees that even 2.6 theme to be available to 2.5 or less users, Nor can I that 2.5 theme is available / pre-installed in 2.6. I do have my hands full. I love it when upstream makes huge changes ;) What is it they say rolls down hill?

In any event I may set-up a repository on http://themelinux.com (another website I have neglected) to host all themes to subsidize the changes I may have to make after the fact of Ultimate Edition 2.6's release, probably much better off that way anyways. Does not mean I can not include the repository in future builds. I really need a repository man, no-one wants the job once they realize the impact of screwing up & has knowledge involved of package management.

07/19/09: Ultimate Edition 2.3 x64 is done and x86 is building, I had some time on my hands so I started work on Ultimate Edition 2.4 theme:
24.png
Wallpaper & clock

The clock I did not make, I modded the logo to go with the theme & will ask him permission even though I don't have to it is GPL. The wallpaper, is also a modded transparent wallpaper. What does that mean? You can change it any color you want.
colors.png
Colors

The GTK a mod of Aero by Marcus Petzoldt I have a ton of work left to do in this dept as far as firefox perhaps lighting it up a bit. I may end up making a metacity theme on my own to go with it as well as emerald theme, time will tell.

06/25/09: Sorry a "spoiler" of Ultimate Edition 2.3 it is coming ;) I am testing the theme pack in Jaunty in a virtual machine on what will be Ultimate Edition 2.3. I will be straight with you I have droped video of me installing it no not virtual machine to my admin / mods. It will not be long before we see Ultimate Edition 2.3, which is built off Ultimate Edition 2.2. KDE, XFCE and XBMC selectable at login... KDE customisations are my current issue.

I would like to give credit now:

Theme is a modified version (by me) of JJ Ying & Azenis's theme.
The Iconset I would like to say is my work, but is not I modified close to 9000 icons of the 15000+ ;) The Ultimate Edition 2.2 Iconset modified to red in Gimp.

It is w/o a doubt the closest thing I have seen to perfect. You will understand when you see it.

06/24/09: The Ultimate Edition 2.2 theme pack has been dropped as final. Over 14,000 Downloads at time of post. Ultimate Edition 2.3 theme is in works no links even though you can find screenshots of it on our forum ;)

Enjoy,

TheeMahn

06/03/09: As most forum users know I have been detained & hence the delay. I have added a grubsplash to the theme package read this if nothing else CURRENTLY x86 EXCLUSIVE final is just around the corner with full support x86 / 64 bit support, please stand by.

It will work with x64 as well, but the usplash will not work. Please wait for the final unless you want to help test.

03/30/09: I have created a Ultimate Edition 2.2 deb. As it sits this will be your default theme used in Ultimate Edition 2.2 Cowboy created the wallpaper, I created the Usplash / GDM based on his artwork... Iconset is a modification of hydroxygen, the skydome a mod of Nebulae. I will be expanding credits list as I continue.

Screenshots:
ue22theme.jpg
Ultimate Edition 2.2 theme

2.jpg
older shot from gnomelook

3.jpg
current usplash & gdm

Release Name: Ultimate Edition 2.2 Theme Pack
O/S's Supported: Hardy, Intrepid, Jaunty x86 & x64, Ultimate Edition 1.8+ (Debian untested)
Version: 2.2 In test phase
Architecture supported: x64 / x86
Contents:

• Ultimate Edition 2.2 GTK / Metacity theme
  • Ultimate Edition 2.2 Usplash
  • 6 Ultimate Edition 2.2 Wallpapers (KDE is supported)
  • Official Ultimate Edition Cursor set (has a Ultimate Edition logo as a globe that spins when busy)
  • New Ultimate Edition Icon set
  • Emerald theme
  • Compiz Splash
  • Official font
  • 1 GDM (login - supports multi-users)
  • Sound scheme
  • Firefox theme for dark colors
  • Amarok theme

When un-installed will restore all settings. I hope you do not want to ;)

Download Ultimate Edition 2.2 Theme, Non-autoset version (you will have to set wallpaper etc.)

02/21/09: I have set the theme as final after correcting 1000's of lintian "warnings & errors" it is as close as you can get to being a perfect deb. The same file is what I used to build Ultimate Edition 2.1 & worked flawlessly even after Kubuntu tried to take over my usplash. Enjoy!!!

I suppose I should mention I am uploading Ultimate Edition 2.1, it will be the last time I do so. I am certain a final product. I will let admin, mods & mirrors have at it first, but I can almost promise no problems. Once I post it in Admin section they will have 24 hours to convince me otherwise. ;)

02/05/09: I would like to run Ultimate Edition 2.1's theme through the ringers and thus I provide Ultimate Edition 2.1 Theme pack, this is for testing purposes. I do not expect problems, but I would like your opinion and any bug reports, please enjoy! Artwork once again complements of the Might Cowboy, he made the wallpaper in less then 15 minutes, he is no joke. A new mod on our board Rumen08 also made artwork 9 of the wallpapers, Cowboys artwork is default.

Release Name: Ultimate Edition 2.1 Theme Pack
O/S's Supported: Hardy, intrepid x86 & x64, Ultimate Edition 1.8+ (Debian untested)
Version: 2.1 In test phase
Contents:

• Ultimate Edition 2.1 uslash
  • Ultimate Edition 2.1 GDM (2 in total)
  • Ultimate Edition 2.1 2 GTK / Metacity themes (Carbon gold default)
  • 10 Ultimate Edition 2.1 Wallpapers (KDE is supported)
  • Official Ultimate Edition Cursor set (has a Ultimate Edition logo as a globe that spins when busy)
  • Ultimate Edition Icon set light theme
The deb package should set your usplash for you to be seen on next boot as well as GDM login. Please post results. Usplash on any hardy based release or less the USplash will not work, otherwise fine. You can change the USplash using startupmanager.

Download: Ultimate Edition 2.1 proposed theme

Screenshots:
2.1.png
Ultimate Edition 2.1 gtk / gdm

testing.png
Ultimate Edition 2.1 Usplash

sundown2a1.jpg
Ultimate Edition 2.1 Wallpaper

01/22/09: There is a Ultimate Edition 2.1 theme pack in route. I won't say any more then that it is being tested...

09/22/08: I will soon be releasing the entire theme pack of what Ultimate Edition 2.0 will look like (subject to change) in 3 colors... standard default (black & blue), red, and green theme the theme pack includes everything from the bottom up in a convenient deb package (grub splashes, usplashes, GDM Logins, GTK / metacity themes, wallpapers, emerald themes, Ultimate Edition cursor set & Icon set). Cowboy did the wallpaper / GDM logins. It has support for x86 & x64 autodetection / implementation. This is being released for testing purposes, if all goes well it will be released in Ultimate Edition 2.0 based on intrepid ibex. Screenshots, info & download links to follow... After I finish backing up the download server, you ladies and gents have currently burnt up 4.3 TB of the 3TB I had <<- It will be going down the 1st of next month at least temporarily.
Screenshots:

Please note: this is different then other references made further down, as can be read above.

Release Name: Ultimate Edition 2.0 Theme Pack
O/S's Supported: Hardy x86 & x64, Ultimate Edition 1.8 / Ultimate Edition 1.9 (Debian untested)
Version: 2.0 Final
Contents:

• Ultimate Edition 2.0 grub images (standard, green and red)
  • Ultimate Edition 2.0 uslashes (standard, green and red)
  • Ultimate Edition 2.0 GDM's (standard, green and red)
  • Ultimate Edition 2.0 GTK / Metacity themes (standard, green and red)
  • Ultimate Edition 2.0 Wallpapers (standard, green and red), shows up in KDE for 1.9 users BTW.
  • Ultimate Edition Cursor set (has a Ultimate Edition logo as a globe that spins when busy)
  • Ultimate Edition Icon set light theme
The deb package should set your usplash for you to be seen on next boot as well as GDM login, and grub splash. Please post results.

Download: Ultimate Edition 2.0 theme - final

It will install alongside Ultimate Edition theme packs listed below...

09/12/08: 0.0.5 is uploading, it will be released broadbased, poor admin / mods do not get a chance to try it first. Sorry admin / mods this isn't something that I have not well tested, moving and no net will do that to a fella ;) 0.0.5 will work with Ultimate Edition 1.8+ (Ultimate Edition 1.9 users get the KDE action, but still works with Ultimate Edition 1.8) as well as Hardy x86 and x64 (I would almost bet money that it works in intrepid as well), I will be posting the changes after it finishes uploading, please take the time to re-read this post even if you have read it before, I have modified / added to it. I am going to leave previous releases, the top one is the newest.

Release Name: Ultimate Edition Theme Pack
O/S's Supported: Hardy x86 & x64, Ultimate Edition 1.8 / 1.9 (Debian untested)
Version: 0.0.6 (released 12/27/08)
File size: 900+MB
Size installed: 1.2 GB
Contents:

I would like to guarantee the download to be good:
I uploaded and verified, cab usually beats me (cab does not know):
good.png
100% verified

Changelog:

0.0.6 - added 2 GTK themes & changed control file to allow overwriting of other themes. (this will be in installable through Ultamatix -6)

Download: Ultimate Edition Themes 0.0.6 (current)

0.0.5 - Gnome: Added 10 new wallpapers, 1 GDM Login, 7 Icon sets.

KDE Customizations: 44 wallpapers, 1 color scheme, 1 kicker tile, 54 tillable kicker wallpapers.

This is the tip of the iceburg, intrepid set me back, yes I do pay attention to things of that caliber.

Currently copied from Admin section (it will be edited):

A new eyecandy toy for you gentlemen is uploading... ~ 2hrs (now hosted through the repo unlimited bandwidth).

Release Name: Ultimate Edition Theme Pack
O/S's Supported: Hardy x86 & x64, Ultimate Edition 1.8 / 1.9 (Debian untested)
Version: 0.0.5
Contents (more then listed):

• 3 Ultimate Edition usplashes (18 - 32 bit autodetects architecture)
  • 34 Wallpapers
  • 14 GDM logins
  • 27 Icon sets
  • 102 GTK / Metacity themes
  • 49 Emerald themes
  • 5 Cursor sets
  • 2 Sound schemes

Download: Ultimate Edition Themes Pack (older)

It is a big mama jamma, but allows customizations out the wazoo...

For example want a vista look...
vista.png
Vista look

Xp?
xp.png
xp

mac (chrome look):
mac.png
mac with emerald

mackgtk.png
mac with gtk

There is 1,927,028,880 different combinations, pretty crazy huh.

Starting in .0.0.5 release will be adding KDE customizations...

All architectures how?
perfection.png
the script in action as can be read below...

Code incase someone wants to learn:
Code: Select all
#!/bin/sh

set -e

#Test O/S 64 or 32 bit...
architecture=`uname -m`
targetarch="x86" #Set 64-bit machines to download 32-bit if no options are set
if [ "$architecture" != "x86_64" ] && [ "$architecture" != "ia64" ]; then
    architecture="x86"
else
    architecture="x86_64"
fi
if [ "$architecture" = "x86_64" ]; then
echo "Ultimate Edition Themes has detected a 64 Bit O/S."
else
echo "Ultimate Edition Themes has detected a 32 Bit O/S."
fi

#64 bit specific code
if [ "$architecture" = "x86_64" ]; then
case "$1" in
    configure)
   update-alternatives --install /usr/lib/usplash/usplash-artwork.so usplash-artwork.so /usr/lib/usplash/x64/ultimate-edition-1.9x64.so 10
   update-alternatives --install /usr/lib/usplash/usplash-artwork.so usplash-artwork.so /usr/lib/usplash/x64/Ultimate-Edition-1.8-x64.so 10
   update-alternatives --install /usr/lib/usplash/usplash-artwork.so usplash-artwork.so /usr/lib/usplash/x64/UUE64.so 10
   update-alternatives --set usplash-artwork.so /usr/lib/usplash/x64/ultimate-edition-1.9x64.so
   update-initramfs -u
   ;;
esac

else
#32 Bit code
case "$1" in
    configure)
   update-alternatives --install /usr/lib/usplash/usplash-artwork.so usplash-artwork.so /usr/lib/usplash/x86/chrometext-theme.so 10
   update-alternatives --install /usr/lib/usplash/usplash-artwork.so usplash-artwork.so /usr/lib/usplash/x86/chrome-theme.so 10
   update-alternatives --install /usr/lib/usplash/usplash-artwork.so usplash-artwork.so /usr/lib/usplash/x86/ultimate-edition-1.9.so 10
   update-alternatives --install /usr/lib/usplash/usplash-artwork.so usplash-artwork.so /usr/lib/usplash/x86/dark-splash.so 10
   update-alternatives --install /usr/lib/usplash/usplash-artwork.so usplash-artwork.so /usr/lib/usplash/x86/metal-theme.so 10
   update-alternatives --install /usr/lib/usplash/usplash-artwork.so usplash-artwork.so /usr/lib/usplash/x86/Sleek_Dragon_Usplash_Splash-01.so 10
   update-alternatives --install /usr/lib/usplash/usplash-artwork.so usplash-artwork.so /usr/lib/usplash/x86/Sleek_Dragon_Usplash_Splash-02.so 10
   update-alternatives --install /usr/lib/usplash/usplash-artwork.so usplash-artwork.so /usr/lib/usplash/x86/ubuntugris-theme.so 10
   update-alternatives --install /usr/lib/usplash/usplash-artwork.so usplash-artwork.so /usr/lib/usplash/x86/Ultimate.so 10
   update-alternatives --install /usr/lib/usplash/usplash-artwork.so usplash-artwork.so /usr/lib/usplash/x86/usplash-fingerprint-remix.so 10
   update-alternatives --install /usr/lib/usplash/usplash-artwork.so usplash-artwork.so /usr/lib/usplash/x86/usplash-theme-beans_16_9.so 10
   update-alternatives --install /usr/lib/usplash/usplash-artwork.so usplash-artwork.so /usr/lib/usplash/x86/usplash-theme-beans_4_3.so 10
   update-alternatives --install /usr/lib/usplash/usplash-artwork.so usplash-artwork.so /usr/lib/usplash/x86/usplash-theme-comptus.so 10
   update-alternatives --install /usr/lib/usplash/usplash-artwork.so usplash-artwork.so /usr/lib/usplash/x86/usplash-theme-fingerprint.so 10
   update-alternatives --install /usr/lib/usplash/usplash-artwork.so usplash-artwork.so /usr/lib/usplash/x86/usplash-theme-fingerprint-alpha.so 10
   update-alternatives --install /usr/lib/usplash/usplash-artwork.so usplash-artwork.so /usr/lib/usplash/x86/usplash-theme-ulitmate.so 10
   update-alternatives --install /usr/lib/usplash/usplash-artwork.so usplash-artwork.so /usr/lib/usplash/x86/usplash-theme-uue1.6.so 10
   update-alternatives --set usplash-artwork.so /usr/lib/usplash/x86/ultimate-edition-1.9.so
   update-initramfs -u
   ;;
esac
fi

Nix god or what ;)

If the end user uninstalls it the following is executed:
#! /bin/sh

set -e

case “$1″ in
remove)
update-alternatives -remove usplash-artwork.so /usr/lib/usplash/ultimate-edition-1.9.so
update-initramfs -u
;;
esac

returning it to the end users original usplash ;)

All software released in this package is released GPL please feel free to view each perspective directory for each theme etc readme. The themes I have created are openly modifiable also released GPL.

Getting the most of Ultimate Edition Theme Pack (this is mostly for new users):

I would like to start by informing you if it fails to install it is most likely due to manually installing a theme that is already included in the deb... deb files do not like to overwrite files that already exist in your O/S that you have made or put there, that out of the way.

I have had people ask me where is the "X" amount of wallpapers that are supposed to be included in the deb, the answer /usr/share/backgrounds/ some I have written xml files to allow them to show up in the right click change background applet, just not all of them.

Gtk / Metacity themes... an example how to see / set them:
start here.png
appearance applet

gtk themes.png
GTK themes, too many to display on 1 screen

Not happy? Click customize... Cursors, Icons & Metacity can be set, mix and match to your taste...
customize.png
click customize, wow now we have a list ;)

Emerald:
Ultimate Edition users, it is simple... compiz fusion icon (applications>>system>>compiz fusion icon) as can be seen in an above screenshot how to change from gtk to emerald, not so easy for Hardy users, I hope it is in their repo this is the way to approach it (I am not currently on hardy) if their repo has it, open a terminal (applications>>accessories>>terminal) and add it, if it is not there:

sudo apt-get install fusion-icon

Does it end there?
ithinknot.png
I think not, time to set GDM

gdm.png
setting GDM Login

Now, surely it does end there... Nope, I will come back when I have time to show how to set usplashes. Any questions / comments please post in this thread, my time is very limited, I only post to global posts and programming section, I do not have time to read 1000's of posts, let alone the PM's that flow in.

As I said above... err posted setting usplash / grub splash:
hardy users, Startup manager is not included in Hardy , but is their repos now, Ultimate Edition users have had it since Feisty ;) Thanks, Jimmy.
sudo apt-get install startupmanager

sum.png
startup-manager

sum1.png
setting grub splash and usplash

Enjoy,

TheeMahn
Attachments
firefox.png
firefox theme prior to setting it ;)
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Re: Ultimate Edition Theme Pack...

Postby mrLRB » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:13 pm

SWEET, downloading as this is being written, and I will check it out when done (downloading, that is).
As usual, I'm sure I won't be disappointed.
ASROCK 990FX Extreme4
AMD FX8350 OC to 4.5ghz
16 GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3
2x WD1002FAEX (Caviar Black) in Raid 0
XFX AMD Radeon 6870 2GB
ASPIRE X-Plorer ATX Mid-Tower
Samsung S27B350H 27" Monitor
BOSE Companion 2
mrLRB
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:16 pm

mrLRB wrote:SWEET, downloading as this is being written, and I will check it out when done (downloading, that is).

Damn, I was not even done have a post ;)
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby apc15x » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:43 pm

TheeMahn wrote:
mrLRB wrote:SWEET, downloading as this is being written, and I will check it out when done (downloading, that is).

Come on TheeMahn do you ever get some rest or sleep of is this your recreation :?: :?: Well what ever it is this is great, guess I will have to spend more time configuring my system. Thanks <BREW> <BREW>
    Dual Boot Win7 64 / Ultimate 2.4 x 64
    CPU: Intel Core 2Duo 3.0 E8400 Wolfdale 45nm
    MB: Intel Desktop DG31PR-1333
    Ram: 4GB DDR2 800 mhz
    Video: Intel Media Accelerator 3100
    Hard Disk: Sata WD 500GB
    20X DVD Burner
    Seagate 500 GB External Hard Drive
apc15x
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:12 pm

apc15x wrote:
TheeMahn wrote:

Come on TheeMahn do you ever get some rest or sleep of is this your recreation :?: :?: Well what ever it is this is great, guess I will have to spend more time configuring my system. Thanks <BREW> <BREW>

It is nothing but eyecandy, some I created many by others released GPL, I took all the highest rated GPL themes and made a deb, what does this mean the end user has to know squat double click and enjoy. Not all are dark themes as I have seen complaints about, this is just like Burger King, you now have it your way. It will roll through to Ultimate Edition 2.0, yes you are correct you will not be disappointed, there is nothing on the web to this caliber. It is almost as large as the entire ubuntu distro and nothing but eyecandy. <BREW>

Sleep what is that?

TheeMahn

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby red_team316 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:13 am

WHOOOOOA! 400MB .deb. the likes of that I have not seen, although I can't download that tongiht, I will later on. Something that big, I'm suprised there isn't a torrent. I gotta do a bunch of roofing this weekend, I'm sure DL'ing it will make good use of OFF time.

I took a look at the screenies, and the code:

The screenies. I'm an XP guy. Not at home obviously, but I do like the fact of giving the user a decent choice of OS to look like. Windows in the work environment is XP, Vista regardless of how stable it may be now is still not an option. As far as the XP look, it is more professional, rather than cutting edge which is vista(but overall eyecandy doesn't matter).

As far as the uninstall code, why not just create a backup of the current usplash(such as usplash-backup.so) upon install and restore it with --set upon uninstall? I am bringing up this point as I frequently do update-initramfs and update-alternatives between installing usplashes and who knows what else.

I'll check for AKDC. Thats what I use for XP decorations in KDE.
Core i7 920(working on a decent OC), x58 ASUS P6T Deluxe V2, 6GB DDR3 1600, EVGA 8800GTS512, Silencer 750W PSU, CoolerMaster V8, Red Antec900
red_team316
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby Baphomet » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:40 am

red_team316 wrote:... I'm suprised there isn't a torrent. I gotta do a bunch of roofing this weekend, I'm sure DL'ing it will make good use of OFF time.

Not too mention making a .torrent file... Excellent idea!

Thanks!!! <BREW>
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am...

If it's not broken, you haven't tweaked it enough.

Beginners Guide: Linux 101
Baphomet
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.2 64 BIT

Postby Baphomet » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:32 am

I installed the Ultimate Edition Theme Pack after downloading it last night and the install and such went fine. I'm a little confused though (more so than normal) because even after installing it a couple times I don't think I'm seeing everything the 'Pack is supposed to contain. I'm sure not seeing the, what was it, 34, additional wallpapers... And I have a total of 56 themes available.

It's a .deb file so it's not like I could screw up the install... Am I missing something?
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am...

If it's not broken, you haven't tweaked it enough.

Beginners Guide: Linux 101
Baphomet
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.2 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:58 pm

Baphomet wrote:I installed the Ultimate Edition Theme Pack after downloading it last night and the install and such went fine. I'm a little confused though (more so than normal) because even after installing it a couple times I don't think I'm seeing everything the 'Pack is supposed to contain. I'm sure not seeing the, what was it, 34, additional wallpapers... And I have a total of 56 themes available.

It's a .deb file so it's not like I could screw up the install... Am I missing something?

Ok just because you do not see the wallpapers as an example...

I had to write xml files to get them to show up in your appearance dialog, does not mean they are not there, /usr/share/backgrounds/

XML to /usr/share/gnome-background-properties/
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE wallpapers SYSTEM "gnome-wp-list.dtd">
<wallpapers>
  <wallpaper>
    <name>Ultimate-Edition-1.9</name>
    <filename>/usr/share/backgrounds/Ultimate_Edition_1.9.jpg</filename>
    <options>fill</options>
    <pcolor>#000000</pcolor>
    <scolor>#000000</scolor>
    <shade_type>solid</shade_type>
  </wallpaper>
</wallpapers>

Does not mean it did not install them... actually, now I will move onto themes, if you can click a theme in the appearance dialog do you consider that 1 theme? That is a combination of multiple objects and I shall drop a shot so there is no confusion.
custom.png
select custom these are gtk, metacity themes.

This will make you realize what I am trying to tell you select colorblt theme an a new wallpaper will show up not listed in your wallpapers screen (after clicking apply background) changes depending on the time of day btw.
wherediditcomefrom.png
it may not have been there before but is now.

You probably do not see a mass change because first of all you run Ultimate Edition, which has no shortage of eyecandy, run it on hardy.

TheeMahn

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby TheeMahn » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:09 pm

strider5236 wrote:I love the new theme pack Thee, I have been using it for a few day's now and once again you have out done your self. Great job Thee. <BREW>

Thanks Brother,

The server it is sitting on has tons of bandwidth, I do not look for it to be downloaded like Ultimate Edition sees, personally I do not care it it gets torrented. I just like to help others, most likely candidates Ubuntu, it does help Ultimate Edition users, but it is a shock to the system of a Ubuntu user.

Thanks again,

TheeMahn

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Next

Return to Official U.E. Themes